Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tax Returns
Don't know if its true, but just read that tax returns are about 8% less than last year with the new tax laws. 

But the goal really is to not have much money at all coming back. Its not like its free money, its YOUR money that the government has had all year long and then returns some of it as a refund if you've overpaid without interest. I hear from a few friends that go, 'wow, got a great refund on my taxes this year!' Well, that really means you aren't doing your taxes right from a withholding aspect. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Don't know if its true, but just read that tax returns are about 8% less than last year with the new tax laws. 

But the goal really is to not have much money at all coming back. Its not like its free money, its YOUR money that the government has had all year long and then returns some of it as a refund if you've overpaid without interest. I hear from a few friends that go, 'wow, got a great refund on my taxes this year!' Well, that really means you aren't doing your taxes right from a withholding aspect. 
I was going to post that I am reading anecdotal accounts that refunds are generally down. 

We always shoot for 0 refund or paying in a very small amount. Dont want the govt holding my $$ all calendar year. 

This just in......

in in addition to having additional money pulled from BOTH my wife's check and mine all year long......

drumroll......

we we owe the state of California.......$1,283
we owe The United States government........$5,686

That's right kids a cool SEVEN THOUSAND on top of everything we have sent throughout the year.

just let me make a quick trip to the toilet, and I'll shit that out real quick.....

Kimda preferred this county when it WASNT great again

Fuck...sorry man

Shit Vandy I don't know what to say. That sucks comes to mind.

Where the Hell did I put the Hemlock?

Amazon paid zero Federal taxes this year!

Did anyone really expect the trickle-down to be anything other then a golden shower?

My Federal taxes are up about $3000 this year but as others stated, because State still allows itemized, I get $100 bucks back.   

Quote: @minny65 said:

Did anyone really expect the trickle-down to be anything other then a golden shower?

My Federal taxes are up about $3000 this year but as others stated, because State still allows itemized, I get $100 bucks back.   
Try telling that to New York

Quote: @pumpf said:
@minny65 said:

Tell NY what?  That Amazon pays no Federal Taxes on over 11 Billion dollars of Profit and also didn't pay any Federal Taxes in 2017 either.  The 11 Billion in Profits when broken down to an average tax payor making $70,000 (and that is generous) equates to over 150,000 families not paying any Federal taxes.  I guess if people are for getting screwed then so be it but I am not.  

Quote: @pumpf said:
@minny65 said:

Amazon backed out of NY for their HQ2.