Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Like McCarthy, I Too Will Sit Out 2019... Maybe...
Well, found out the acquiring company's parent company is a hedge fund...fml...And that substantially all employees will be retained...again, fml...And even if I do get an offer letter, I'll still have to interview for my job...which kinda makes the offer letter seem meaningless...LOL...fml...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Well, found out the acquiring company's parent company is a hedge fund...fml...And that substantially all employees will be retained...again, fml...And even if I do get an offer letter, I'll still have to interview for my job...which kinda makes the offer letter seem meaningless...LOL...fml...
At least the doors open, sure you'll find a way to make it work.  I have made three job moves in the last five years,  I'm 62.  Engineer in mfg, good market for skills in projects transitioning from old depreciated systems into "Lean" supply chain systems, heavy IIOT .

Well, this has been delayed for a week...so another week of wondering...

Good Luck!  53 year old sales manager/rep that is hanging on by a thread.  Guess I should of expected the constant downsizing being in sales but I worked for my first company for 14 years and my second for 11.  Ever since then I have had to job hop around with small startups that have struggled or folded with a year in between of no employment.  If I can keep this gig for a few more years and get the kids through college I should be fine.  No one wants a 50+ sales person even though they will all say they value "experience".

Anyway, I was trying to relate Smile

Lastly, Ashville is awesome.  Went there a few years ago and went to one of my all time favorite restaurants - Curate -expensive and mostly tapas but amazing!

Well, the good news is I'll be able to watch all the Senior Bowl practices live...the bad news is I got let go today...I talked to the CTO of the acquiring company last week and he mentioned they were top heavy in business analysts, so it doesn't come as a surprise...getting a severage package that will help a little...

Well, the good news is I'll be able to watch all the Senior Bowl practices live...the bad news is I got let go today...I talked to the CTO of the acquiring company last week and he mentioned they were top heavy in business analysts, so it doesn't come as a surprise...getting a severage package that will help a little...
Sorry to hear that, hang in there.  I could give a lot of cliches, just stay in the moment and mindful, it helps.

Very sorry to hear that,  but tip of the hat to be able to find a silver lining so quickly.

Fuck, sorry my man. What's the plan? Trying to get up to NC with a new job or hang tight in Florida?

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Fuck, sorry my man. What's the plan? Trying to get up to NC with a new job or hang tight in Florida?
Yes. Lol...I've already heard back from a couple recruiters who have placed me locally  before...maybe land a short term contract locally while I get the house ready and then on the market...I'm also applying in the Charlotte area...so, we'll have to see...insurance runs out the end of month, so I'm trying to get my five prescriptions refilled...that's the big concern...

Shit man, sorry to hear that. Can the GF support you until you find something? Hate to see you sell the house, considering the cost of rent these days. Is it to live off equity? Wondering also if you can negotiate longer health coverage considering your prescriptions.