Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Like McCarthy, I Too Will Sit Out 2019... Maybe...
Found out yesterday that the owner of the company is selling to one of our competitors. We will all find out in 8 days if we are going to receive offer letters. I'm pretty certain they won't be keeping two IT staffs, and our staff is a tenth the size of the acquiring company...so...yeah...but on the plus side I'm a 58 year old white male with 20 year of experience as a Business Analyst...so I've got that  going for me...which is nice...

Prior to my heart attack last September, the plan was to put the house on the market at the start of 2019 and relocate to Asheville. But the need for insurance coverage kept me here. So, if you happen to have a six  month supply of Brelinta (this med keeps my stint from collapsing) on hand you are willing to part with for cheap, let me know. Wink 

Sorry to hear it, hang in there. I know you had said you wanted to move to NC, didn't know if you had done it yet or not. 

Good luck friend. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Sorry to hear it, hang in there. I know you had said you wanted to move to NC, didn't know if you had done it yet or not. 
Not yet. Didn't want to risk being without insurance during a job search.

I wouldn’t be so sure about that, at least initially.  Typically these companies need to keep some of the tribal knowledge around for at least a year or two in transition.  And you never know, depending on your ability to adjust, there may be opportunity there with the new team.

Go on meth and get a job at any fast food restaurant you can find.  I say fast food because after working there you won't want to eat anything bad for you and the meth is so you will fit in at your new job and have something in common to discuss with your Co workers around the back door at break time.

Good luck,  fingers crossed for ya.

I am sorry to hear that. As you know from your own experience, you have been through some shit and are still standing. This is for a reason and even though it sucks and may not make sense right now, it is leading you to something better. It always does. Sometimes the change process is challenging and uncomfortable but it is that way for a purpose. And I get that it royally sucks but this is a time of growth. This is to stretch you and move you forward. This is the time to try and dig deep and lean on those rooting for you. And like everything else negative that fell away and got you here, this will fall away too. Stay strong and keep fighting.

Hey Barr, sorry to hear about all that.  A idea maybe is to check out employment with these companies...Raytheon, Lockeed Martin or Northrup Grummon.  They pay exceptionally well for any type of computer analysts or operators.  Plenty of these companies are in Florida and have great insurance benefits. 

GL Barr...Fingers crossed this unfolds in a way that's positive for you guys. 

Barr, you're on my prayer list, my friend. 
"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." - John 14:27