Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hue Jackson possible candidate for Vikes OC
Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
https://apple.news/A2csN_WXmTaGTIX8FKTfp-Q

read it and weap
Sums it up nicely which is exactly why Zimmer will probably hire him. 

Quote: @TBro said:
Sums it up nicely which is exactly why Zimmer will probably hire him. 

From the article: "In eight full NFL seasons as either an offensive coordinator or head coach, Jackson had more finishes outside the top 20 in total yards (four) than inside the top 10 (two). Those top-10 marks came in 2010 and 2011 with the Raiders. Since then, a Jackson-helmed offense didn't finish higher than 15th, and the average season finish was 19th in total yards."
Great Odin's ghost!  Lord, don't hire this guy... Sad

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
PA said he has it from good authority that HJ isnt getting hired for the OC position.  Rooney rule situation?

Little trust in PA's info. Does the Rooney rule apply aside from HC positions?
After reading Zimmer's press conference comments, I'm betting on Hue getting the job. Zimmer talked about how he needed Sparano around, and I realized that 2018 was the first season in which Zimmer had no former head coaches on his staff. (Norv 2014-early 2016, Sparano and Shurmer 2015-17). I think he believes he needs the consult of someone he considers a peer. Maybe he's right. And Hue is an old friend who needs a job.

I'd rather have Hugh Jackman as OC.

Quote: @Jor-El said:
@JimmyinSD said:
PA said he has it from good authority that HJ isnt getting hired for the OC position.  Rooney rule situation?

Little trust in PA's info. Does the Rooney rule apply aside from HC positions?
After reading Zimmer's press conference comments, I'm betting on Hue getting the job. Zimmer talked about how he needed Sparano around, and I realized that 2018 was the first season in which Zimmer had no former head coaches on his staff. (Norv 2014-early 2016, Sparano and Shurmer 2015-17). I think he believes he needs the consult of someone he considers a peer. Maybe he's right. And Hue is an old friend who needs a job.
I think you are definitely on to something with your take. I also think that since he feels he was burned with the decision to bring on a young coordinator like Flip, he will dismiss Stefanski again as a legitimate candidate. Based on his comments earlier this year, he doesn't seem to have any respect for the younger coordinators and coaches who are bringing their analytics and misdirection offenses to the NFL. If he truly wanted Stefanski as his coordinator, he would have promoted him to the permanent position after Flip was canned. Stefanski is as good as gone in my opinion. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Me too. I could definitely work with that. Smile

If this actually comes to fruition, it is just further proof of how incredibly arrogant Ricky and Mikey have become.

The Wilf's are obviously desperate to emulate the whole "longevity" thing, a la the Steelers (and to some extent, the Giants), and Ricky has masterfully mis-directed their attention (just like all great magicians) towards EVERYTHING besides PLAYOFF SUCCESS. 

L'il Ricky KNOWS that as long as the faceless masses of Viking fans continue to lap up the same bullshit soup he ladles out EVERY offseason, he's safe. The Wilf's are first and foremost BUSINESS men, make no mistake. I'm not doubting their sincerity to win a championship, mind you, just pointing out that the ring of the cash register is more important than the ring of a Super Bowl champion. 

Keep on buying tickets, keep on buying jerseys, keep up with the blind faith. The Wilf's and Schpielman are laughing all the way to the bank on YOUR dime.

We're stuck with Zimwit and St. Ricky for 2019, all I can do is HOPE for the best. Unfortunately, almost 50 years of Vikings fan experience tells me what to expect (and this is BEFORE the inevitable desperate "effort" to fix the OL, LOL! As if that HASN'T been an issue previously!)....9-7, maybe 10-6. Possibly sneaking into the playoffs, but ultimately delivering yet ANOTHER Schpielman Special....a playoff WINLESS season. This result has happened 11 out of 13 seasons with Ricky in charge of scouting and personnel. There is NOTHING to suggest that season 14 will be ANY different.

WASH. RINSE. REPEAT.

RICKY. GOTTA. GO.

Will lose all faith in Zimmer and the Vikings if they go with Hugh.  Also another thread about working to resign Pfieffer...why?

Would rather have a new coach hiring his own staff if this is the situation. 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@StickyBun said:
Me too. I could definitely work with that. Smile
Probably be a little more aggressive in his play calling:

[Image: 15735445_0.JPG?itok=z5IF_aW6]

The way Zim goes through OCs, I doubt we get a top tier guy...