Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exclamation point or re-writing the 2018 narrative?
Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
I see this thing going one of two ways. We find a way to make the playoffs and become that team that nobody wants to play (the team that everyone knows is better than its record). Or we don't and there is hell to pay. Media and fans will want heads and jobs will be on the line.

This Seattle game is fixin' to be the game of the season, and I don't like it one bit. Always a tough out at home and they're playing good football right now. 
I'd feel real good about the game if it was here...There? Not so much. 

I think the Seahawks are the team sneaking into the playoffs that nobody will want to play. The Vikings? they have to prove to me they have the horses and fortitude to do that this year. They have not done that to-date. 0'fer against winning teams. 
Yep, the Vikes look like pretenders, not contenders.  :#  Quite a bit of talk, but don't back it up on game day.

i think of teams like the giants that have 2 superbowls under eli and neither time did anybody think they would be more than a 1 and done.  

I am no where near as stoked about this team as I was 3 months ago,  but they are no where near the hot mess that some posters want to make them out to be.  this league is about as balanced in talent as it could be with the Vikes near the top,  a little luck and a little change here or there and they will be talking about how the Vikings backed their way into the superbowl and shocked the world.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
I see this thing going one of two ways. We find a way to make the playoffs and become that team that nobody wants to play (the team that everyone knows is better than its record). Or we don't and there is hell to pay. Media and fans will want heads and jobs will be on the line.

This Seattle game is fixin' to be the game of the season, and I don't like it one bit. Always a tough out at home and they're playing good football right now. . 
I think the Seahawks are the team sneaking into the playoffs that nobody will want to play. 
Yes, they are now. But in the NFL things change so quickly. Rams could fade, Bears could drop two straight. Saints looked terrible in their last game. Does that continue? Or was it a blip? Anyone can get hot. Hell, even Dallas. Maybe the Eagles make a surge. I like the Vikings in their final three, so this game on Monday night will have a lot to say about whether or not the Vikings are going to be part of that conversation. What scares me (and it's happened before--86 I think?) is that the Vikings get hot, look like the team nobody wants to play, but just miss the playoffs. 

I think it’s pretty clear that we’re not going to be the
team that is going to be dominant almost every game with a high chance of
winning their playoff games, but I do think we still have a chance of “getting
hot at the right time”.  I don’t think we
can really fix our OLine in the last couple games, but I do think we can fix
our playcalling, and with just a little better offensive production that might
be enough to tip things in our favor.

That said, I don’t think things are looking good for us, as
we’ve not looked good in our high pressure road games, and we’ll almost
certainly have to play on the road in the playoffs and can we really string together a bunch of wins against good teams, while not at home?

Its getting clearer that even if Minnesota wins 2 of their next 4 games, that might be enough to get into the playoffs. If they can't make it in, its a disaster at this point because yesterday was a HUGE help to their chances.