Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Public Service Announcement: Insert Your Outrage !
Quote: @AGRforever said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@AGRforever said:
gotta be honest. i heard about the france thing. i thought weather was the reason they couldnt fly him in? and secret service shut down driving due to unsecured path and distance?  could be totally wrong?

didnt know he skipped arlington on veterans day.  if this is a normal tradition for presidents to do then he should have his feet held to the fire. 

i have no issue with calling out when our politicians are asshats. one of my favorite groups on facebook is americans against republicans and democrats. 
There is always a rain contingency.
do you happen to know if this contingency plan was to cancel?  if you cant helicopter in and SS wont let you drive how do you suggest it get done?
Like every other president before him? One of his staffers made it, why couldn't the commander in chief?

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@AGRforever said:
gotta be honest. i heard about the france thing. i thought weather was the reason they couldnt fly him in? and secret service shut down driving due to unsecured path and distance?  could be totally wrong?

didnt know he skipped arlington on veterans day.  if this is a normal tradition for presidents to do then he should have his feet held to the fire. 

i have no issue with calling out when our politicians are asshats. one of my favorite groups on facebook is americans against republicans and democrats. 
There is always a rain contingency.
do you happen to know if this contingency plan was to cancel?  if you cant helicopter in and SS wont let you drive how do you suggest it get done?
The same way that John Kelly managed to make the ceremony, along with the other global leaders.  It's called a contingency plan in case of rain, something done by every previous administration.  You go by car, you carpool with John Kelly who had no problems making it.  Instead Trump offered 3 different excuses:  First it was due to rain, the 2nd excuse was he didn't want to cause delays to highways and roadways for his motorcade, and the 3rd excuse was the Secret Service told him no we can't go.  When you have to change your story 3 times, we have a word for that in English:  LYING.

FYI, Trump has now skipped visiting Arlington Cemetery on Veteran's Day two years in a row, because he's such a proud "nationalist" hugging that flag during photo ops and berating NFL kneelers for being un-patriotic.  Quick fact - Obama never skipped visiting Arlington on Vets Day once in 8 years while President.  

Trump's defense - if you can decipher this into English please help the rest of us out:

“I could have done that. As you know, I just left the day before the American Cemetery, and I probably think, and that was one where it was raining as hard as you can imagine, and I made a speech at the American Cemetery the day before and I probably, you know, in retrospect I should have and I did last year and I will virtually every year,” Trump said. “But we had come in very late at night and I had just left, literally, the American Cemetery in Paris, and I really probably assumed that was fine, and I was extremely busy because of affairs of state, and other things.”

Trump's not just a liar, he's not just an idiot that can't speak English, he literally has serious mental issues.   Cluster B Personality Disorder:  Cluster B personality disorders are characterized by dramatic, overly emotional or unpredictable thinking or behavior and interactions with others. They include antisocial personality disorder, borderline personality disorder, histrionic personality disorder and narcissistic personality disorder.  Cluster B personality disorder people often use "word-salad" to avoid accountability and sow confusion.

Because reading his response and reason for no-showing Arlington after no-showing the ceremony in France is a rambling run-on of pure nonsense.  Word-salad gibberish is all I can read, just like Trump's speech about Elton John breaking records.  But it's all good, because Trump said he will visit "virtually every year".  Pretty cool, he'll send his Avatar from now on.  'Merica!

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@pumpf said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Sure, I'll do your work for you, and then you'll discredit the source, and we'll get no where. Sorry Pumpf, I won't do your legwork for you. If you think I fabricated this, that's fine. 
So, you'll come here and bitch about something... but not give any evidence for your outrage?  OK.  But let's not pretend like the problem (in this thread) is my unwillingness to learn.  I could look it up; sure.  But you're the one who told me that I should be outraged about it.  Why should I have to look it up? You're the one telling me how to feel.  All I've asked for is the reason that I'm supposed to feel that way.  In fact, I even told you why I was ignorant of what your alleging.  
Yes, I should just remain silent. Basically what I said was I wouldn't be sent on a fools errand. 

When should I speak up? You've said in the past since things aren't directly affecting me I should shut my mouth. You would have made a great German citizen cira 1934.
Nice.  I gave you the response that you wanted... and you said nothing about it.  You only paint yourself as some kind of victim and then run and hide.  So what really was the point of starting this thread?  It appears to me that you're more interested in attacking Trump (and conservatives) than in defending the honor of the veterans.  And here I thought your outrage was about the veterans.

And, no: I didn't say you should remain silent.  I did say that if you want others to feel the same outrage that you did, you should tell them why.  
Turns out, the explanation you gave was a half-truth anyway. 

I'm done with this thread, because you're obviously not interested in any kind of real dialogue or in offering any kind of real criticisms.  You're interested in being a demagogue.  So have at it.

The point was to see if the right would condemn trump for similar actions that NFL players took. I have my answer. I guess next I'll have to wait if he actually shoots someone in the face on 5th avenue. 

And yes, you've repeated a message of remain silent since I'm not directly impacted.

Surely there must be a great swell of disdain rising up from the bosom of those that were in a blood lust frenzy over the actions of those insolent sons of bitches in the NFL that would come to bear on our equally unpatriotic, nyet,  MORE unpatriotic actions of trump. 
Without acknowledging that Trump voted for/signed into law,  two appropriations bills... that both drastically improved funding both military spending and military pay.... you'd be correct in your superficial  "anti-military" Trump diatribes might be worthwhile fodder for discussion. 

Tempering any recent "outrage"... was Trump signing, in August 2018
WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump on Monday signed into law a $717 billion defense policy bill, which authorizes a wave of significant military increases, including servicemembers’ biggest pay boost in nearly a decade, higher troop levels and new equipment and weapons for the upcoming fiscal year.

Or him angering many of us (small govt conservatives)  in March 2018 by signing this...
https://www.stripes.com/news/trump-signs...w-1.542430
"We're very proud of many of the items that we've been able to get. We're very disappointed that in order to fund the military, we had to give up things where we consider in many cases them to be bad or them to be a waste of money. But that's the way unfortunately right now the system works," Trump said at the White House. He added that he "looked very seriously" at a veto, but his support for the military spending levels "overrode" his concerns about the bill."

^^ two recent examples... of Trump putting "military first"...putting his money (and his veto power) where his mouth is.  
Even the liberal "The Guardian" recognized Trump's increase in military spending.  

Against that backdrop... you expect "outrage" from those of us that have compared/contemplated Trump's actions   vs Kaepernick/Kneelers vs NFL?  

Non-sequitur.  

In  Trump's first two years, Trump increased military pay twice.  Once, vs heavy conservative resistance. 
How that record is anyway comparable to Kaepernick/Kneelers... is.... well, beyond comprehension.  

Let's look at liberal culture popular-election thought re: military, shall we? 

SNL's Pete Davidson (nee Mr Ariana Grande) poking liberal fun at Navy Seal Republican candidate Dan Crenshaw.  

What was Crenshaw's reaction?   Humor... on Davidson's own SNL.  

Wasn't that magnanimous?

https://www.factcheck.org/2018/05/the-pr...ay-raises/

Wondering if we could get back on topic now...

On a promising note, Trump has negotiated a deal with mother nature.

After Trump's brilliant well-researched scientific assessment that the reason Finland doesn't have wildfires is that they rake the underbrush from their national forests, he took his brilliance a step further yesterday.

When asked if viewing the devastation from California's wildfires changed his opinion on climate change:

"No, no. I have a strong opinion.  I want a great climate, and we're going to have that.  We are going to have forests that are very safe because we can't go through this."

I want a great climate and we're going to have that?  

I'm dying here.  Stable genius? 

https://www.factcheck.org/2018/05/the-pr...ay-raises/

Wondering if we could get back on topic now...
A self admitted liberal running for cover under fellow comrades.

lol

https://capitalresearch.org/article/dish...-checkers/

"factcheck" SOUNDS really good, Barr.  They are self-appointed arbiters, overwhelmingly left wing. 
(and don't get me going on "politifact"... they are easily proven further left-wing, I've done it before)

I quoted the AP, Stripes, and the Guardian (2 of 3, left leaning) to support my pov, if you hadn't noticed. 

@prairieghost said:
Barr, your name is Greg???
MIND BLOWN.
All these years I thought you posted more like a Steve or a Phil.
Sorry for hijacking the thread a bit, you need to stop with the catchy titles.... Wink Please carry on!!

.....Greg....I never saw that coming...
You'd completely lose your shit if I told you my middle name... 

Please tell me your middle name, Greg Barr...Big Grin

He does not respect our military. He does not respect those that serve and those that have served. Look at the body of work. Not the latest excuse for the latest diss. 

I don't care if you like the guy or not. He continually insults our military in his actions.