Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Public Service Announcement: Insert Your Outrage !
After watching so many patriotic Americans vent their collective outrage over NFL players taking a knee during the National Anthem, I was certain an equal outrage would be vented over the Commander in Chief bypassing the opportunity to pay tribute to the fallen members of the military over in France and then again on our on shores on Veterans Day due to some precipitation. 

As I cupped my hand to my ear, and point it as far RIGHT as it could go...I hear...crickets...

Surely there must be a great swell of disdain rising up from the bosom of those that were in a blood lust frenzy over the actions of those insolent sons of bitches in the NFL that would come to bear on our equally unpatriotic, nyet,  MORE unpatriotic actions of trump. 

Alas and a lack, no such outcry has reached my thirsty ears...SO, I decided as my own gift to you all to provide this safe space so you could properly vent that sheer outrage over the actions of your president's lack of showing proper respect to those who served and died for our very rights and way of life today.

Sincerely Greg
Proud stepson to a WWII vet.

You're concerned that there's not enough outrage in the world?

If you want to find outrage, you can certainly find it- with almost anyone.  No doubt: Trump gives people lots of reasons to be outraged.  So did Obama.  So did Bush.  So did Clinton.  
Unfortunately, it appears that people want to be outraged- like they grew up in an abusive home and only know how to relate to other people through conflict.  If I wanted to, I could post something outrageous that was done- by some liberal- every day.  I could probably do the same for libertarians and conservatives.  I guess I choose not to be part of the tribal war.

At one point, someone on the right will have the balls to say "this was flat out wrong" other than false equvalences or yabbut so and so  did worse...today wasn't that day...I thought maybe trump had finally done something repugnant enough not to be defended...how naive of me.

gotta be honest. i heard about the france thing. i thought weather was the reason they couldnt fly him in? and secret service shut down driving due to unsecured path and distance?  could be totally wrong?

didnt know he skipped arlington on veterans day.  if this is a normal tradition for presidents to do then he should have his feet held to the fire. 

i have no issue with calling out when our politicians are asshats. one of my favorite groups on facebook is americans against republicans and democrats. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
At one point, someone on the right will have the balls to say "this was flat out wrong" other than false equvalences or yabbut so and so  did worse...today wasn't that day...I thought maybe trump had finally done something repugnant enough not to be defended...how naive of me.
First of all, I haven't done either of those things.  I didn't cite any examples of things anyone else had done.  I simply stated that- based on a person's personal biases- they will always be able to find something to be outraged about.  That is not excusing anyone's behavior. 

Tell you what: if you want to convince me that Trump should be condemned for his actions (or lack thereof in France) then attach a link for me to read about it.  I don't bother to read about Trump anymore, since so much of it is BS from a hostile media.  Perhaps people like me WOULD hold Trump more accountable for the things he actually does wrong... IF NOT for those who attack him for any and everything (and outright lie about him).  You know about the boy who cried "wolf", right?  Well, the same applies to the media's coverage of Trump.  After so many lies and distortions of his positions (which may be troublesome enough WITHOUT the media's help), why bother to read it anymore?  Most journalists come off today as jealous junior high girls who are trying to take down the popular girl. 

But, as biased as I know that I am, I'm trying to be more open-minded.  So if you can link to a story that details Trump's terrible crime, I'll read it and respond.  Fair enough?   

Barr, your name is Greg???
MIND BLOWN.
All these years I thought you posted more like a Steve or a Phil.
Sorry for hijacking the thread a bit, you need to stop with the catchy titles.... Wink Please carry on!!

.....Greg....I never saw that coming...

Sure, I'll do your work for you, and then you'll discredit the source, and we'll get no where. Sorry Pumpf, I won't do your legwork for you. If you think I fabricated this, that's fine. 

Quote: @prairieghost said:
Barr, your name is Greg???
MIND BLOWN.
All these years I thought you posted more like a Steve or a Phil.
Sorry for hijacking the thread a bit, you need to stop with the catchy titles.... Wink Please carry on!!

.....Greg....I never saw that coming...
You'd completely lose your shit if I told you my middle name... 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
gotta be honest. i heard about the france thing. i thought weather was the reason they couldnt fly him in? and secret service shut down driving due to unsecured path and distance?  could be totally wrong?

didnt know he skipped arlington on veterans day.  if this is a normal tradition for presidents to do then he should have his feet held to the fire. 

i have no issue with calling out when our politicians are asshats. one of my favorite groups on facebook is americans against republicans and democrats. 
There is always a rain contingency.