Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings planning for Cook to play
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@AGRforever said:
Even when he's played he's been a non factor this year.  I'm not sure what yall are arguing about?  Boone and Thomas can just as easily get his 30 yards on 10 carries. 
kind of harsh considering what he was doing healthy a year ago.  pretty much no preseason and then getting dinged early on... hard to gauge his worth on this years performance alone.
I dont disagree but as far as this year goes I dont think hes going to blow up and get 200 yards from scrimage any time soon

If the coaching staff and Dalvin feel he's ready, far be it for me to say he's not, bye week upcoming or not. Are we supposed to put him on the bench forever and say we can't live without him if he went down?? C'mon, we have been living without him....
Injuries are the bane of every NFL teams' roster. There's no avoiding them and there's no planning for them, either. I have no problem if  they do put him on the shelf this week too but I'm not going to crucify them if they put him in the game for a few series...no way they ride that horse for 25 carries, you know...
Also, I will just say I hope they find a way to keep Latavius on the roster next season. I think they better.

Looks like the coaches made a good decision

Dalvin looked good out there.

Quote: @greediron said:
Yes & everyone should scroll throughthis thread & enjoy the all you can eat Crowfest !

Quote: @greediron said:
He looked really good and didn't appear to tweak anything. Thank God! Still, it was a foolish risk to play him with the bye week coming up. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
He looked really good and didn't appear to tweak anything. Thank God! Still, it was a foolish risk to play him with the bye week coming up. 
If he was 100% (which he certainly appeared to be) I don't see it as foolish.  He now has 2 weeks to recover from his first real action.  So it may have been a great plan.

get's him out there to knock the rust off and then short rest before the second half push  ---good call

Wow, he looked great! Hopefully he feels alright tomorrow and we're ready to roll in Chicago in 2 weeks.

A healthy Cook can have such a huge halo effect on this offense. Cousins has to be optimistic about the backfield with what he saw yesterday. 

We forget, KC is about as good as it gets with play action too...