Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings planning for Cook to play
[Image: 12138.jpg]
The Minneapolis Star-Tribune's Ben Goessling reports the Vikings "plan" to have Dalvin Cook (hamstring) active and play "limited" reps Week 9 against the Lions.
We're not sure why the Vikings plan to rush Cook out there with the bye next week, especially with Latavius Murray producing like a top-10 back the last month, but it is what it is. Ultimately, we expect Murray to remain the lead dog with Cook mixing in to knock some rust off and feel good heading into the open date ahead of the stretch run. Murray is still an RB2. Cook will be desperation RB3/FLEX. Murray owners can remain confident in starting him.

Me: Yeah, I'm not sure either. This is batshit crazy in my opinion. Just sit him down, and get the two-fer, so there are no questions about his health and there are no limitations. 

IMO, keep him on the shelf until after the bye.  Murray is more than capable

Seems odd, but must be something to the plan.  If he is healthy, then he would need some time to get back into the swing of it.

Are they rushing him or do they feel he is ready? Does he feel he is ready? I guess we shall soon see. Hoping for the best.

Maybe Cook wants to gash the team that took out his knee last year.  If he's ready, turn him loose.

I dont know that holding him out an extra week will change anything,  if he feels ready now and the trainers are behind it... what else is there?   Hammies suck,  you can wait months, feel fine, stretch good, and then go to work and still have them reoccur.   a good hammie tear is something that may never fully heal and flare up from time to time... speaking from experience here.

If he's healthy and ready why would they hold him out? Only so many games left and he's missed enough of them already. Play the man.

Quote: @"suncoastvike" said:
If he's healthy and ready why would they hold him out? Only so many games left and he's missed enough of them already. Play the man.
If he's healthy and ready, why limit him? Because he hasn't proven himself 100% healthy and ready. For me, it's just playing the odds. With hammies, the more time, the lower the odds of aggravating it. No, I sit him through the bye.

Man has to earn his pay - let him play if Cook and the team feel he's ready. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"suncoastvike" said:
If he's healthy and ready, why limit him? Because he hasn't proven himself 100% healthy and ready. For me, it's just playing the odds. With hammies, the more time, the lower the odds of aggravating it. No, I sit him through the bye.
what comes first... the chicken or the egg?   how does he prove himself ready if he doesnt get to play?    I understand the feeling of sitting him,  but if they want to ease him back in maybe getting a few carries this week and then some time to rest and evaluate would be better than just another week of rest and then perhaps needing him in a bigger role after the bye week?