Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
43 to 40...
Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"suncoastvike" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"suncoastvike" said:
Packers and 49ers scored 31 in the 1st qt.
Yep, its not a coinciden.
Viewer ratings are up. Not to  2015 levels but up over the last two. The NFL knows scoring equals excitement. Fantasy viewers want scoring. Scoring is at historical levels. This has nothing to do with safety and everything to do with viewers.  Defense was killing viewership. When the numbers come in they will decide to keep the rules. Numbers being TV ratings not concussions...imo.
I don't think its either or...I think its both.
Its definitely both. Of course it has to do with safety, the safety of QBs that drive the interest in the league. They go hand in hand. Viewers aren't watching if Rodgers, Mahomes, Brady, etc. are all injured and not playing. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"suncoastvike" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"suncoastvike" said:
Packers and 49ers scored 31 in the 1st qt.
Yep, its not a coinciden.
Viewer ratings are up. Not to  2015 levels but up over the last two. The NFL knows scoring equals excitement. Fantasy viewers want scoring. Scoring is at historical levels. This has nothing to do with safety and everything to do with viewers.  Defense was killing viewership. When the numbers come in they will decide to keep the rules. Numbers being TV ratings not concussions...imo.
I don't think its either or...I think its both.
Its definitely both. Of course it has to do with safety, the safety of QBs that drive the interest in the league. They go hand in hand. Viewers aren't watching if Rodgers, Mahomes, Brady, etc. are all injured and not playing. 
Ok Ok...nothing was a bit of a stretch.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:

Yup...the league cares squat for anyone not named Brady, Rodgers, et al.  Anyone else could get dismembered on the field and it's "next man up".  But a QB???  Oh, heavens NO! 
I'll say it again boys and girls...Nov 11th...Rams-Chiefs.  A new scoring record could be set.