Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
43 to 40...
I rarely watch NFL games outside of the Vikings anymore...But planned on watching Mahomes vs Brady. 

Hell of a game...Welcome to the new gen of NFL football - 83 pts scored. 

so watching that game... does anybody see our team hanging with the Chiefs?   honestly,  i am super excited at our D coming around and our O seems to be doing what it needs  to when it needs to,  but Mahomes and that offense is in a different world right now.  for a first year starter to go into foxboro and battle brady to the wire... thats ice.

Didn't watch the game but was pleased to wake up and see all those points for Tyreek Hill. Between Gordon, Conner and Hill I think I broke some kind of points record. :-)

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
so watching that game... does anybody see our team hanging with the Chiefs?   honestly,  i am super excited at our D coming around and our O seems to be doing what it needs  to when it needs to,  but Mahomes and that offense is in a different world right now.  for a first year starter to go into foxboro and battle brady to the wire... thats ice.
After watching the Vikings vs Rams I'd say yes with at least a bit of conviction...

Super impressed with Mahomes and lets not forget Brady is 40. Crazy. 

How about that Chiefs LB that let go of Brady?  He was afraid to tackle him, and that play may have cost the Chiefs the game.  That Mahomes kid is really, really good.  I'm not so sure any defense can slow down that KC team.

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
How about that Chiefs LB that let go of Brady?  He was afraid to tackle him, and that play may have cost the Chiefs the game.  That Mahomes kid is really, really good.  I'm not so sure any defense can slow down that KC team.
true...I felt for that rookie Lb, but Mahomes missed 2 sure TD's in the first 1/2 too, so hopefully the kid isn't taking it too hard. 

On another note, I'll have some crow. I mocked the writer who thought KC, with a 2nd year QB and the league's 28th ranked defense, would somehow be a contender. Well, they certainly are. 

I really thought Mahomes could light it up. I tried hard to get him on my fantasy team but lost a bidding war. Got him on my son's team though and he's killing everyone. I did NOT think, however, Mahomes would be as efficient as he's been. He's a perfect fit for Reid's offense. 

And of course who thought that defense would become so irrelevant. 

Mark me down as a guy that thought the team was a bit foolish to trade away smith and hand the reins to Mahomes... I was wrong as hell, this kid is everything a modern offense wants to see from a QB.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
On another note, I'll have some crow. I mocked the writer who thought KC, with a 2nd year QB and the league's 28th ranked defense, would somehow be a contender. Well, they certainly are. 

I really thought Mahomes could light it up. I tried hard to get him on my fantasy team but lost a bidding war. Got him on my son's team though and he's killing everyone. I did NOT think, however, Mahomes would be as efficient as he's been. He's a perfect fit for Reid's offense. 

And of course who thought that defense would become so irrelevant. 
Defense?  What is that archaic term?

Like the Jags D getting pounded?  Like the defender not wanting a penalty for touching Brady?  Like the DPI when the WR ran into Waynes?

Its pretty easy to see that you don't need or want the best defense in the NFL: that side of the ball has been mitigated, neutered and the trend is that will never change. What you need is offensive playmakers, innovative play calling and a great QB. And your defense just needs to show up periodically with a few stops. 

Zimmer may be the last great defensive mind that gets hired as a NFL head coach.