Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A gross loss to Philly and apathy will kick in...
Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"Sir Viking Bob VWO" said:
To me this game is on Difillipo  he should have a game plan on how to beat that Defense and have a good idea what they do on offense   If we get blown out....
Running game is non-existent, but I dont think our major problems lie at the feet of Flip. No, imo this is on the D and architects of that D. They can't stop anybody. 

I don't like Rodgers, but he isn't a nobody.  1 touchdown,  And Garapallo was hailed as the next big thing.  1 TD, 3 INTs.

They put up yards, but not points.
Fair point Greed...But my lens is from the CG on forward and it feels like this D for whatever reason has lost it's greatness...

Sadly this is the case for D's pretty much across this league right now as well. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"suncoastvike" said:
My concern is if they lose this week and drop to 1-3-1 it takes a 2 game win streak just to get back to .500. That would mean 4 weeks without a win. Counting a tie.
I know it's early still but the NFL has so few games. They lose this week and the earliest they can get past .500 is mid season. They are using up all their margin for error early. Without correcting their errors even marginally. 
Sobering, simple math of the day:

1-3-1 means they have to go 9/2 the rest of the way to get to 10-5-1. They better get their shit together in a hurry. 

9 wins might sneak into the playoffs, but NFC looks mighty good and the rest of the schedule looks pretty brutal.

@ NE, @ Sea, @ Jets, @ Det, @ Chi.

Yup, they better get their shit together fast.  

I really haven't followed any pressers or listen to players/coaches this week. I'm kinda in apathy mode already. Maybe not total apathy but unable to listen to any football talk. Get it all from forums. So my question is with this math as simple as it appears are they in must win mode talk? I think they drop this one it is pretty much done with any championship talk. That would suck 2 weeks before Halloween even.

Quote: @"njvike" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"suncoastvike" said:
My concern is if they lose this week and drop to 1-3-1 it takes a 2 game win streak just to get back to .500. That would mean 4 weeks without a win. Counting a tie.
I know it's early still but the NFL has so few games. They lose this week and the earliest they can get past .500 is mid season. They are using up all their margin for error early. Without correcting their errors even marginally. 

1-3-1 means they have to go 9/2 the rest of the way to get to 10-5-1. They better get their shit together in a hurry. 

9 wins might sneak into the playoffs, but NFC looks mighty good and the rest of the schedule looks pretty brutal.

To me, what's even more sobering is the simple, irrefutable fact of the Vikings grand total of 2 playoff wins since Saint Richard has blessed us poor, unlucky and unloved Vikings fans with his mere presence (13 seasons).

Just to put that pathetic TOTAL PLAYOFF WIN record in perspective, the Coughlin Jacksonville Jaguars EQUALED that 2 win total in a span of 8 DAYS in January, 2018. 
The legendary Rex Ryan/Mark Sanchez duo DOUBLED that total with FOUR PLAYOFF WINS over the course of 2 seasons, ALL of those victories on the road. Aaron Rodgers and GB also DOUBLED that total in ONE postseason on the way to a SB VICTORY (and they had, I believe, 9 STARTERS on IR)

But, yeah, let's put the spotlight on the 3rd HC under Schpielman's watch. 

You know what's REALLY sobering? The fact that since L'il Ricky has taken control of ALL scouting and player personnel in 2006, the Vikings have had more home stadiums than Playoff Wins!! LMAO!!! 
You're back. I was wondering when you would resurface. Are you just going to focus your criticism on Spielman? I think there is plenty of it to go around in all directions including the head coach. They are very much a package deal. 

Ok so I had to look. I thought myself into it. This talk doesn't encourage me.
http://www.theredzone.org/Blog-Descripti...-woe-is-me--
Don't count on last year as any indicator. 9 game win streaks only happen once in a very great while.

Quote: @"TBro" said:
@"njvike" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"suncoastvike" said:

To me, what's even more sobering is the simple, irrefutable fact of the Vikings grand total of 2 playoff wins since Saint Richard has blessed us poor, unlucky and unloved Vikings fans with his mere presence (13 seasons).

Just to put that pathetic TOTAL PLAYOFF WIN record in perspective, the Coughlin Jacksonville Jaguars EQUALED that 2 win total in a span of 8 DAYS in January, 2018. 
The legendary Rex Ryan/Mark Sanchez duo DOUBLED that total with FOUR PLAYOFF WINS over the course of 2 seasons, ALL of those victories on the road. Aaron Rodgers and GB also DOUBLED that total in ONE postseason on the way to a SB VICTORY (and they had, I believe, 9 STARTERS on IR)

But, yeah, let's put the spotlight on the 3rd HC under Schpielman's watch. 

You know what's REALLY sobering? The fact that since L'il Ricky has taken control of ALL scouting and player personnel in 2006, the Vikings have had more home stadiums than Playoff Wins!! LMAO!!! 
You're back. I was wondering when you would resurface. Are you just going to focus your criticism on Spielman? I think there is plenty of it to go around in all directions including the head coach. They are very much a package deal. 
Yup, I am back. Thanks for noticing, Slappy!

Couldn't help but but notice you didn't even acknowledge my math concerning the Vikings abysmal playoff record......no surprise there. Vikngs fans have been conditioned to stick their heads in the sand and pretend all is well.  

How about some MORE uncomfortable FACTS?

Schpielman and PONDER were supposedly a "package deal".  RS Selected him, what, #12 OVERALL? LMAO! That was a ridiculous, pathetic selection at the time, no need for 20/20 hindsight there.

Saint Richard is also on record NUMEROUS times lauding the Vikings' franchise QB, Teddy Bridgewater ( used TWO draft picks on SlenderLegs)

L'il Ricky also used a 1st AND 4th round pick on Sammy Bradford.

That makes it a total of FIVE draft picks, INCLUDING THREE FIRST ROUND draft picks between April 2011 and September 2016 on THREE Quarterbacks, ya know, the SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT position in professional sports. 

The result of this expenditure? ZERO playoff wins and NONE of these supposed "franchise" QB's are even on the team as of thev2018 season. One of them is married to a person who is closer to the NFL than he is!!! BWAA--HA-HA-HA!!!

Like it or not, Slick Rick is the LONE common denominator remaining since 2006....and the Vikings have played in more home stadiums in that time (3) , than the've had playoff victories (2).  

These are all FACTS. You might not like me for having the audacity for pointing out actual history, but it is the simple truth. 

Talk to me when a Schpielman team manages to win at LEAST 2 consecutive playoff games (especially with a draft pick at QB)

G'nite.

PEACE

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Honestly, I'm pretty close now between this surprisingly horrible defense and what-we-thought-it-was offensive line.
Thats the spirit Smile  It's another game.

I'm ready to call my doctor and ask for a double dose of my oxy even before the game.  Actually I don't have a doctor. 

Then I can jump off a bridge and not feel it.

Relax...it's entertainment and not life and death.

Personally, I think the chances are extremely slim the Vikings win this game. No Cook, no Griffen....and that offensive line. Maybe no Waynes, either. 

The Filthy Eagles have their warts too.  They got beat by the Bucs and Titans and were pressed by the Colts.  But our O line had better eat their Wheaties 'cause they are the key to this game.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Honestly, I'm pretty close now between this surprisingly horrible defense and what-we-thought-it-was offensive line.
I'm expecting a devastating blow-out... so I sense a win coming.

Mostly because I planned a flight on Sunday and I'll probably miss most of the game.