Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, I Had A Heart Attack On Sunday
I think my next moniker will be "Tough To Kill"...two time cancer survivor and now this...Lol...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
I think my next moniker will be "Tough To Kill"...two time cancer survivor and now this...Lol...
Tough old bird. Sorry to hear it, but at the same time, glad to hear it....you know what I mean? Scary.

Yeah, it still hasn't set in...like it happened to someone else..but, as I look at the small pharmacy on the bathroom counter, it's starting to get a bit real...

That's the weird thing, I pretty much felt fine afterwards...I think that's why it's so easy to ignore what's going on...it's wasn't a chest grabbing, "Elizabeth I'm coming " type thing...felt more like muscle soreness two days out from a heavy workout...
Thanks for the fred flashback! =)

A good lesson for all,  even if it doesn't seem like much get it checked out.  My dad was to the point of being pale and always weak and drowsy when he went in and they had to do a triple bypass with a valve replacement.  Turned out he had suffered "many" small attacks, what ever the hell that meant, but he was barely alive when they got started.

Hard to kill huh...I think we will call you mason storm

What a close call Barr!!!! I imagine the shock of the situation is still fresh for you, but I'm so glad you chose to not ignore those signs. I also hope you are relaxing and taking care of you right now, sitting back and taking life a little slower, enjoying things.
Bob Harper is a testament to the very sobering fact that absolutely anyone can have a heart attack, even someone in incredible shape (which is what saved his life for sure).  

if you were a cat youd have six lives left. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
if you were a cat youd have six lives left. 
Plenty to take him deep into old age!  Smile

That's the weird thing, I pretty much felt fine afterwards...I think that's why it's so easy to ignore what's going on...it's wasn't a chest grabbing, "Elizabeth I'm coming " type thing...felt more like muscle soreness two days out from a heavy workout...
Face death and still give us a good flashback laugh (tho you may have missed many under a certain age..) Glad you are OK, thanks for the warning. 

This is the scary part: 
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:had I seen a cardiologist a week earlier, he would have given me a clean bill of health. I had a full workup down three months ago with my pcp...
We like to think getting checked makes us "safe" for a while, clearly it doesn't. BTW, what do you mean by pcp? Assuming you don't mean angel dust. 

Primary care physician...

That's scary, for sure. Good thing you listened to yourself & went to hospital.