Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First round draft pick, 26 games played, 23 receptions, 0 TDs....
I saw a lot of drops in Week 1 across the league and on our team. Players are knocking off rust I guess.
I'll keep hoping Treadwell surprises us.

Quote: @BrickVike said:
main reason LT is on the field ahead of others is he can block. I agree with the complaints about his abscense in the passing game but as long as Zimmer is in charge running the ball will be priority. For Zim,  more important for the #3 WR to block then catch passes. 
I'm sure this is true, but then he is playing like an undersized TE. Why not just put Morgan or Conklin on the field instead of Treadwell?

The Vikings drafted Treadwell when Thielen was coming off a 12-catch season, his best to date. They didn't realize Thielen was going to give them an outstanding glue-handed catch-in-traffic (and more) WR. Even if Treadwell suddenly reaches his top potential, he's too similar to Thielen. He doesn't provide a good complement at the #3 position.

Vikings need a speedy WR in that role, and thought they would get it from Kendall Wright. He flopped totally (as most former Bears do..)

Troy Williamson
Career

G  49

AV  8

Rec  87

Yds  1131

Y/R  13.0

TD   4

Just Sayin'

Quote: @StickyBun said:
100% absolutely correct. Agree completely, but that isn't my argument. Treadwell was a miss, but some here refuse to admit to it. The kudos really is in finding Adam Thielen and drafting Stefon Diggs: that's a big win. But there's really no disputing that Treadwell has been a big disappointment....yet some will still do so. The thing with Thomas was he got in Rhodes's head in that game.....that was the most disappointing part for me.
The way he got into Rhodes head was after he put a huge cheap shot on Sendejo and practically broke his neck.  THAT is what fired Rhodes up and got him off his game.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@StickyBun said:
100% absolutely correct. Agree completely, but that isn't my argument. Treadwell was a miss, but some here refuse to admit to it. The kudos really is in finding Adam Thielen and drafting Stefon Diggs: that's a big win. But there's really no disputing that Treadwell has been a big disappointment....yet some will still do so. The thing with Thomas was he got in Rhodes's head in that game.....that was the most disappointing part for me.
The way he got into Rhodes head was after he put a huge cheap shot on Sendejo and practically broke his neck.  THAT is what fired Rhodes up and got him off his game.
Are you saying that a Sean Payton led team would use cheap shots to try and gain an advantage to win a game....preposterous.

Quote: @Jor-El said:
@BrickVike said:
main reason LT is on the field ahead of others is he can block. I agree with the complaints about his abscense in the passing game but as long as Zimmer is in charge running the ball will be priority. For Zim,  more important for the #3 WR to block then catch passes. 
I'm sure this is true, but then he is playing like an undersized TE. Why not just put Morgan or Conklin on the field instead of Treadwell?

The Vikings drafted Treadwell when Thielen was coming off a 12-catch season, his best to date. They didn't realize Thielen was going to give them an outstanding glue-handed catch-in-traffic (and more) WR. Even if Treadwell suddenly reaches his top potential, he's too similar to Thielen. He doesn't provide a good complement at the #3 position.

Vikings need a speedy WR in that role, and thought they would get it from Kendall Wright. He flopped totally (as most former Bears do..)

I am guessing they feel with LT out wide or in the slot the D still has to respect him. with Conk or Morgan, not as much. If LT would just catch 3 balls a game, that would be big. The drop was ugly Sunday. 

Treadwell should have never been drafted as high as he was.  I am perplexed as to why he's still on the field as much as he is, good blocker maybe.  Not sure who on the team would do better at this point, not sure who'd do less either.

Quote: or-El" said:
@BrickVike said:

Wait. Adam is 4.3, Stefon is 4.4, but they need a deep threat burner to be more effective?

I think he will average about 4 catches a game for the rest of the season.  That would be about right for the 3rd WR.

Treadwell is on the roster for 2 reasons:

1. Politics. Even in year 3, cutting a first rounder is a big runny omelet in the face of the GM who made the pick.

2. Dead money.  Cutting Deadwell would nail the Vikings with a $5,870,000 cap hit, throwing the team over the cap.

Why Zimmer continues to play him so much defies reasoning.