Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First round draft pick, 26 games played, 23 receptions, 0 TDs....
Starting his 3rd year: Laquon Treadwell.

[Image: bad-smell-stinks-640.jpg]

would you rather him dominate targets with AT/Diggs/Rudy/Cooks on the offense? he did what he was asked to do week 1. 

Quote: @golfervike said:
would you rather him dominate targets with AT/Diggs/Rudy/Cooks on the offense? he did what he was asked to do week 1. 
....he had a horrible drop. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@golfervike said:

one play defines an entire game? on a 4 yard crossing route on 3rd and 6 with 4 guys coming to tackle him anyways behind the 1st down marker? that makes it a horrible game? 

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2018/9/11/...ilm-review

Quote: @golfervike said:
@StickyBun said:
@golfervike said:

one play defines an entire game? on a 4 yard crossing route on 3rd and 6 with 4 guys coming to tackle him anyways behind the 1st down marker? that makes it a horrible game? 

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2018/9/11/...ilm-review
Not sure how this guy would make any fan feel satisfied at this point in his career. Is the benchmark that low with some? There is zero way the Vikes pick up his option. I'd love to see more Stacy Coley.....but I understand the guy needs to stay healthy. 

At this point, it is pretty clear that Treadwell is not going to be a superstar WR like he was in college.  However, it would be nice if he could develop into a good possession receiver and be a much bigger threat in the red zone.  I just don't know that it will ever happen here with Diggs and Thielen being 1A and 1B.  Those two are just too good for him to get more than a couple targets per game.
I think his stats would be much better if he was on a different team, but they would still be lacking for a 1st round pick.

Some people are just never happy.

Quote: @FSUVike said:
Yes, that's what it is. 

Quote: @Wetlander said:
At this point, it is pretty clear that Treadwell is not going to be a superstar WR like he was in college.  However, it would be nice if he could develop into a good possession receiver and be a much bigger threat in the red zone.  I just don't know that it will ever happen here with Diggs and Thielen being 1A and 1B.  Those two are just too good for him to get more than a couple targets per game.
I think his stats would be much better if he was on a different team, but they would still be lacking for a 1st round pick.

I concur.  If he was on a different squad without 2 pro-bowl wide-outs and TE, who knows.  His drop was seemingly not meant for him, but he ran a sloppy route. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@FSUVike said:
Yes, that's what it is. 
Team is 1-0. No major injuries. Mortal enemy up next. And you're still fixated on the #3 WR.