Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
They are howling mad in Detroit
Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"vikingknights" said:
Your appearance remark is 100% correct. God forbid he should try to make himself more professional looking on the sideline with a suit and tie. Yet, I assume that is the message he wants to send to his players and fans.
Doesn't need a suit and tie.....but he can trim that freakin' sloppy ass beard and not look like the guy at Buffalo Wild Wings that has been eating burgers and beer everyday of his life and has Cheetos-stained fingers. Denny Green was overweight too, but he always kept it looking good on the sidelines. 
If the guy could coach like Belichek Lions wouldn't give a damn what looked or dressed like.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Thought Patricia might be able to break some kind of record for the quickest ax, so I Googled it. George Allen was canned two games into the preseason back in '78. 
That's crazy in the context of today's preseason... how bad do guys who won't even make the roster have to play in order for you to lose your job?

Its just one game, but the problem is how soon will the next win be? Its very probable they lose their next 2 straight and most probably 3 of the next 4. The fanbase will be screaming for his scalp at that point or sour apathy will kick in, which is worse. 

s far as his appearance, it's not just message board fodder. I also herd Florio and Dan Patrick criticize him for not looking professional. 

Quote: @"JoDakota" said:
s far as his appearance, it's not just message board fodder. I also herd Florio and Dan Patrick criticize him for not looking professional. 
[Image: 25053826_8.jpg?v=8D3A85529701630]

this dan patrick?

Here in Michigan, fans knew by the 3rd game of preseason that this team had already quit on Matty. They have no respect for him or what he brings to the table. Quinn was looked upon as a rising GM up until his first BIG decision. Simply the worst case scenario for everyone involved in the organization. And by the way, Stafford is a good guy, and tough, but has been highly overrated by NFL pundits for years, and should have never been given the big contract. The Lions are screwed for the next 3 yrs with his contract. Same old Lions...We'll sweep this year. 

Quote: @"JoDakota" said:
Bingo!

Goood---ya want to look like a lunchpail guy---keep it up and you'll be joining them on the swing shift at homedepot.

Quote: @"suncoastvike" said:
Ok so here's a funny one. I talked to a known Lions fan this morning. He was like ''well it's still early in the year better to get it out of the way'' I didn't have the heart to tell him there's no good time to give up 31pts in one quarter. I also couldn't bring myself to tell him maybe nothing is out of the way. This may well be the way for the year. I'm cursed with niceness.
I think you misunderstood him.  He meant,  "better to get any delusions of being a good team out of the way"

Whole mess harkens me back to...

[Image: steckel_original.jpg?1302412988]