Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Board Split
Quote: @"SmokedPears" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
I didn't even know people were missing until someone mentioned it a few weeks ago. But then I realized I hadn't seen a few specific posters in a while. I miss one or two, but I'm guessing the majority are the type who get offended if you disagree with them. 

I don't visit any board but this one. I don't have a 2nd favorite football team and I don't play in more than one fantasy league. I guess I'm funny like that. 

And you still have your superiority complex. Carry on.
...and you still have your inferiority one...

The board split was odd.  Yes, the biggest issue wasn’t the politics, but the nasty attacks on people’s stances.  I have never found a need to talk politics on a football chat board, so I never did.  If I saw those threads, I just stayed out - no one has ever changed someone’s political stances on a faceless internet board.  Other people’s politics don’t bother me in the least.

I started posting and creating new threads less, when I found more interaction on our Twitter location.  It really feels like the board used to be.  For every turd baiter there is, there’s 500 goodViking fans who interact.  It is fun, and the interaction and feedback is quicker (for me).  And, we havevat least 30 former players who interact regularly with our Twitter followers.  we even set up a viewing of the 1980 Cle vs Min game with Tommy Kramer about 8 weeks ago.  FREE!

I visited the other board once.  It was early on, and there were people attacking me over there, led by Ritchie Blackmore (not his real name) saying I was a liar and ruined the board because we created relationships with the Vikings and players.  He wanted the board to be a free for all with no rules.

Several said kind things about our efforts on the board here, and were slammed by Ritchie for doing so.  So, I decided that what I didnt see, wouldn’t bother me.  So, I never visited again.  Plenty of fine people over there still (assuming they are still there).

I’d love the old board tracfic to return, and would always welcome the chance to talk Vikings with you.

But, I am still here, I just soend more time purting our content on Twitter.

@"MaroonBells" said:
I didn't even know people were missing until someone mentioned it a few weeks ago. But then I realized I hadn't seen a few specific posters in a while. I miss one or two, but I'm guessing the majority are the type who get offended if you disagree with them. 

I don't visit any board but this one. I don't have a 2nd favorite football team and I don't play in more than one fantasy league. I guess I'm funny like that. 

It seems strange that you would "come back" (?) to this board... just to attack 2 posters here.  

Quote: @"pumpf" said:
@"SmokedPears" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

It seems strange that you would "come back" (?) to this board... just to attack 2 posters here.  

I actually wanted to respond to Mike's post but got distracted. You're right and I apologize for the derail.

Quote: @"Tom Moore" said:
The board split was odd.  Yes, the biggest issue wasn’t the politics, but the nasty attacks on people’s stances.  I have never found a need to talk politics on a football chat board, so I never did.  If I saw those threads, I just stayed out - no one has ever changed someone’s political stances on a faceless internet board.  Other people’s politics don’t bother me in the least.

I started posting and creating new threads less, when I found more interaction on our Twitter location.  It really feels like the board used to be.  For every turd baiter there is, there’s 500 goodViking fans who interact.  It is fun, and the interaction and feedback is quicker (for me).  And, we havevat least 30 former players who interact regularly with our Twitter followers.  we even set up a viewing of the 1980 Cle vs Min game with Tommy Kramer about 8 weeks ago.  FREE!

I visited the other board once.  It was early on, and there were people attacking me over there, led by Ritchie Blackmore (not his real name) saying I was a liar and ruined the board because we created relationships with the Vikings and players.  He wanted the board to be a free for all with no rules.

Several said kind things about our efforts on the board here, and were slammed by Ritchie for doing so.  So, I decided that what I didnt see, wouldn’t bother me.  So, I never visited again.  Plenty of fine people over there still (assuming they are still there).

I’d love the old board tracfic to return, and would always welcome the chance to talk Vikings with you.

In fairness, there was drama between you and Ritchie about how this board started and subsequent control.  He was banned here.  All that happened before I joined here from PT.  It carried over to that board since you two could finally "discuss it".  Ritchie has subsequently been banned from both boards....
As I said early, you're all welcome to stop by and say hi at the other place.  Conversely, I have always been made to feel welcome here when I come visit the old 'hood.

Quote: @"Tom Moore" said:

You have always been one of the best reasons to come here, Tom.

If richie was to be belived he had a valid complaint. Im not sure if Ive heard the other side but it doesnt particularily matter. 

I dont think ritchie would have gotten this website (not necicarily board) to where it is right now because he didnt share the same vision mike and tom have.

Ive said before, I wish we could all get along because more opinions on kur favorite team is a good thing. But Im no fool and know when feelings are hurt rightly or wrongly people rarely actually bury the hatchet. 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
If richie was to be belived he had a valid complaint. Im not sure if Ive heard the other side but it doesnt particularily matter. 

I dont think ritchie would have gotten this website (not necicarily board) to where it is right now because he didnt share the same vision mike and tom have.

Ive said before, I wish we could all get along because more opinions on kur favorite team is a good thing. But Im no fool and know when feelings are hurt rightly or wrongly people rarely actually bury the hatchet. 
I agree AGR.  Ritchie is banned from both boards so there really shouldn't be an issue anymore.

@"pumpf" said:
@"SmokedPears" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

I actually wanted to respond to Mike's post but got distracted. You're right and I apologize for the derail.

Miss talking to you, Mr. Pears Smile  I hope all is well for you and your family.

I find things I like in both boards. The politics at this point are toxic and find it hard to take. Sometimes I need a break from it. That's why I like the ability to shut them off that this board has. There are times I'm just over it.