Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Board Split
Who left and where did they go?

That's a good question  

Very simply put there were some members here who left due to the politics getting moved to a separate board. 

Some of them are at another forum that's remained small and limited in its # of members. Others I see at places like PT. 

I wish it hadn't happened, I enjoyed conversing with some of them.

it's old news by now, very old. 

P1 has already mentioned abandoning that board at least once (shocking, I know). So it might just be a matter of time where everyone is back here. One board, two boards, 1721 boards...find the ones you like...avoid the ones you dont...does it really matter? ...nothing wrong with options. But yeah, this is more than old news. It's packer week... 

Size doesn't matter... not that I've ever been told that.
Truth is this place and that are both sized right enough so you get to learn who you are dealing with. Or who you'd rather not. Growth is important for admins more then myself. 

If you were to ask me splitting a board over politics seems silly. I myself  have no brand loyalty. Personally I like this way better where you separate them. Football and political. My only brand loyalty is Coke over Pepsi as long as it's diet. I was a loyal PT poster for 10 years till around July of last year when the board made the format switch. Then I left it became just too generically ugly. No Sig's no avatars.  I understand the need for politics on these boards I just don't need it. As I said no brand loyalty. 

One of the things I really like about this board is the fact the political crap has been separated.  I've noticed there's not as many here but still love this place for getting my Vikes news and enjoy conversing those that are still here.

It seems like there are a number of people who don't post here any more but I cannot put my finger on it.  Sometimes people just get busy with life and don't have time and sometimes people just wonder off and you don't see them as much.

Quote: @"ThunderGod" said:
It seems like there are a number of people who don't post here any more but I cannot put my finger on it.  Sometimes people just get busy with life and don't have time and sometimes people just wonder off and you don't see them as much.
The decision to separate politics was not a popular one amd that sent quite a few to create a new home.  Some still stop in once in a while.  A few have moved back and some bounce regularly between both boards. 

I read the football related posts on both boards and have posters on each that I like to read their discussions/opinions.  Political commentary is not real important to me.  The split was unfortunate but time moves on.