Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NYT: I Am Part of the Resistance Inside the Trump Administration
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
Not sure why the Trumpkins are so upset about this. I remember talking to a few of his supporters before the election who would actually acknowledge his instability and incompetence, but would argue that we had nothing to worry about because there would be people in Washington who would prevent him from pushing the country off a cliff. This op-ed confirms that there are indeed people in Washington doing exactly that. So why the bluster? I sorta see this person as someone who wanted to calm fears on the RIGHT side of the aisle. Think about it--Republicans get what they want (conservative supreme court nominees, tough guy immigration policy, tax cuts, etc), and now know that the worst inclinations of our "Very Stable Genius" that we ALL fear will be held in check. 
you are right about much of that, except the "upset" part. 

Many are just laughing at the "bombshell" of an anonymous source.
You don't believe it? Trump sure does. And he's not laughing much about it either, calling this person "treasonous" and "gutless" and saying that he must be "turned over to the government at once!" I'm just saying that he's too stupid to see how this person might actually benefit him. 
You are surprised by bluster and drama from Trump? 

Quote: @greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
Not sure why the Trumpkins are so upset about this. I remember talking to a few of his supporters before the election who would actually acknowledge his instability and incompetence, but would argue that we had nothing to worry about because there would be people in Washington who would prevent him from pushing the country off a cliff. This op-ed confirms that there are indeed people in Washington doing exactly that. So why the bluster? I sorta see this person as someone who wanted to calm fears on the RIGHT side of the aisle. Think about it--Republicans get what they want (conservative supreme court nominees, tough guy immigration policy, tax cuts, etc), and now know that the worst inclinations of our "Very Stable Genius" that we ALL fear will be held in check. 
you are right about much of that, except the "upset" part. 

Many are just laughing at the "bombshell" of an anonymous source.
You don't believe it? Trump sure does. And he's not laughing much about it either, calling this person "treasonous" and "gutless" and saying that he must be "turned over to the government at once!" I'm just saying that he's too stupid to see how this person might actually benefit him. 
You are surprised by bluster and drama from Trump? 
I sometimes find myself wondering if we are seeing the biggest rope a dope in the history of mankind.... Trump says all the wrong things,  tweets all the wrong things,  has everybody focused on something else... meanwhile he just keeps working on things behind the mess and comes out with a few little victories here and there.  i still think hes a dip shit, but i dont think he is the evil dip shit that the media wants me to believe.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
I sometimes find myself wondering if we are seeing the biggest rope a dope in the history of mankind.... Trump says all the wrong things,  tweets all the wrong things,  has everybody focused on something else... meanwhile he just keeps working on things behind the mess and comes out with a few little victories here and there.  i still think hes a dip shit, but i dont think he is the evil dip shit that the media wants me to believe.
Exactly.  I don't think he has the moral compass (he was a democrat) so I don't trust him, but I agree about the rope a dope.  He is like his own lightening rod.  Focusing all the attention on himself for the wrong reasons, but underneath it all, he is getting stuff done. Kinda like the anti-GW Bush who said all the right things but did all the wrong things.

I’ve suspected this report may have been directed by him. The reason why is he specifically has instructed employees to refer to him as “unhinged” or “crazy”. Apparently it’s a negotiating tactic he uses and wants leaders of Iran or NK seriously concerned about him. Reports say Kim thinks he’s crazy and it’s part of the reason they agreed to talks. He might actually be a bit crazy. I just don’t know.

I do know if this is truthful it makes zero sense for the author to let the world know. Yet it does play into Trumps claim of a “deep state” out to get him. 

[Image: its-all-part-1mmcsu.jpg]