Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NYT: I Am Part of the Resistance Inside the Trump Administration
Wow.  If this is true, this is utterly mind-blowing.  The NYT says they know the identity of the author of this Op-Ed, but are withholding that person's identity at their request.

This fits right in with everything that I see out of Trump on a near-daily basis though.  This, along with Woodward's new book, where he has hundreds of hours of taped interviews, really starts to paint a pretty grim picture of the leadership of our country at the moment.  I would be all for the 25th Amendment being invoked to remove the President if this is all true.  Any red-blooded American should be as well.

I Am Part of the Resistance Inside the Trump AdministrationI work for the president but like-minded colleagues and I have vowed to thwart parts of his agenda and his worst inclinations.
President Trump is facing a test to his presidency unlike any faced by a modern American leader.
It’s not just that the special counsel looms large. Or that the country is bitterly divided over Mr. Trump’s leadership. Or even that his party might well lose the House to an opposition hellbent on his downfall.
The dilemma — which he does not fully grasp — is that many of the senior officials in his own administration are working diligently from within to frustrate parts of his agenda and his worst inclinations.
I would know. I am one of them.
To be clear, ours is not the popular “resistance” of the left. We want the administration to succeed and think that many of its policies have already made America safer and more prosperous.
But we believe our first duty is to this country, and the president continues to act in a manner that is detrimental to the health of our republic.
That is why many Trump appointees have vowed to do what we can to preserve our democratic institutions while thwarting Mr. Trump’s more misguided impulses until he is out of office.
(more at the link above)

Good thing our football team doesn't take this approach because they don't think Zimmer is doing things correctly.

Oh wait, I think they did once.

Not sure I buy it. Are there people in Washington who are keeping Trump away from the sharp objects, the button? Yes, of course. Are there people in Washington who know just how stupid and unstable he is and can step in at a moments notice to put a stop to his "worst inclinations?" Yeah, I'm sure there are. Putin and Kim Jong Un are probably examples of where this has happened. 

But here's where I'm skeptical: that there are folks within his administration working to "frustrate parts of his agenda." That doesn't ring true to me. His "agenda" is the least dangerous thing about him. Tax cuts, the wall, immigration, SCOTUS, etc. These are just left/right issues. I doubt anyone in his administration is working to subvert these things. Maybe Tariffs? He's playing with economic fire he doesn't understand. And there have been a few quick course reversals on tarriffs that might suggest he's getting pulled by strings. The important thing is getting him to believe it was his idea. 

I think that one lady that just released a book was trying that as well.  Not surprising as many in the GOP don't like him.  But to me it is more grandstanding, a look at me I am so special and the ever adoring media eating it up.

I am sure there are people working against his agenda.  I am sure some did in the Obama administration as well, but were likely more discreet about it.  But I must correct one fallacy in that article,
Quote:the country is bitterly divided over Mr. Trump’s leadership.
It was divided before Trump even won the nomination.  And the media keeps fueling the fire.  Angry people are easier to control.

With friends like this who needs enemas? 

[Image: DmSPhMiWwAAUswu.jpg]

Quote: @MaroonBells said:

Not that I entirely disagree, but that is funny coming from CNN.

Now that is a bigly schism.

Quote: @SFVikingFan said:
Wow.  If this is true, this is utterly mind-blowing.  The NYT says they know the identity of the author of this Op-Ed, but are withholding that person's identity at their request.

This fits right in with everything that I see out of Trump on a near-daily basis though.  This, along with Woodward's new book, where he has hundreds of hours of taped interviews, really starts to paint a pretty grim picture of the leadership of our country at the moment.  I would be all for the 25th Amendment being invoked to remove the President if this is all true.  Any red-blooded American should be as well.

I Am Part of the Resistance Inside the Trump AdministrationI work for the president but like-minded colleagues and I have vowed to thwart parts of his agenda and his worst inclinations.
President Trump is facing a test to his presidency unlike any faced by a modern American leader.
It’s not just that the special counsel looms large. Or that the country is bitterly divided over Mr. Trump’s leadership. Or even that his party might well lose the House to an opposition hellbent on his downfall.
The dilemma — which he does not fully grasp — is that many of the senior officials in his own administration are working diligently from within to frustrate parts of his agenda and his worst inclinations.
I would know. I am one of them.
To be clear, ours is not the popular “resistance” of the left. We want the administration to succeed and think that many of its policies have already made America safer and more prosperous.
But we believe our first duty is to this country, and the president continues to act in a manner that is detrimental to the health of our republic.
That is why many Trump appointees have vowed to do what we can to preserve our democratic institutions while thwarting Mr. Trump’s more misguided impulses until he is out of office.
(more at the link above)
lol you buy that horse poop?  what advantage is there for a true “resistance” leader to write the press and tell them what theyre doing?  ill help you out...none....absolutley none. 

the nsa has every electronic detail about our life stored on a twenty acre harddrive out in utah. do you honestly believe that someone loyal to the president wouldnt have let him know that theres a rat?  there is every phone/text/email etc etc etc the info would be easily obtainable. 

so either trump is wilfully allowing rats in his administration OR this is just another bull$hit anonmous source. weve been down the road of anonmous sources so often which are later proven to be organized propoganda from the left that Ill never beleive another anonomous source again. either put your name on it or it didnt happen. 

The great thing about this great country is it's stronger then any one person or group of people. We've had more bad leadership then good at all 3 branches and yet still survived. Will it end? Sure all great civilizations eventually fail. Greek, Roman, Egyptian pick any. Is it an accident that English is spoken in so many different countries. Now they're just an island. We no matter how much we fight it we will fail in the end. Not now though and not because of the last 20 years of what I view as bad leadership. So bad they want us fighting to focus us on something other then how bad. No swamp will be drained. Never thought it would. Not because people are inside fighting against it. Like this story wants to tell us. Because it was just a  campaign slogan. Nothing more. The swamp is greed. Is this the guy to end greed? Are any of these leaders?  I'll be honest here I don't even know what's going on anymore. I stop watching news several years ago. Now I barely read the news. What good is knowing. Can I change it? The only news I watch is local 24 hour news. Traffic and weather every :20 minutes. For about 1/ 2 in the morning.  You want to know how I find out I feel about something? Editorial articles. You know they have agendas going in. So read them and from both sides. That's true debate there. Who makes the stronger case. Which seem most likely. Use Then decide. However just remember no matter how much you dislike what's going on. It's out of your control. Only worry about what you can control. Everything else by design is to keep you off balance by anger so they can control you. 
Sorry about the rambling. Tired of hearing the useless puppet fighting.

Quote: @greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:

Not that I entirely disagree, but that is funny coming from CNN.
See, this is the big problem with Trump (and apparently, you). These are actual quotes. If you don't believe them, fine. But blame Woodward, not CNN.