Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5 of 7 CBS writers give North to the Packers
Writers metaphorically giving the NFCN to the Packers doesn't bother me.  However, referees literally giving the division to the Packers is an all too plausible scenario. 

As long as Rodgers is there most writers will pick them.  Can't really blame them for picking the team with the best QB in the NFL.  I think they are wrong though and the vikings take the North.

Quote: @twgerber said:
As long as Rodgers is there most writers will pick them.  Can't really blame them for picking the team with the best QB in the NFL.  I think they are wrong though and the vikings take the North (AGAIN)
Fixed that for yah Wink

Quote: @RS Express said:
Writers metaphorically giving the NFCN to the Packers doesn't bother me.  However, referees literally giving the division to the Packers is an all too plausible scenario. 
That was how I first read it as well.

Week 1 Mack gets to tweak Erin a little. Week 2 Zimmer gets to unleash his fury.

5 of 7 reminds me for the old Trident sugar free gum ads. 4 out 5 dentist recommend sugar free gum. The 5th is really into the money. Eat more sugar. Rot your teeth...cha ching.
5 out of 7 want to get money. 2 are honest.

Quote: @twgerber said:
As long as Rodgers is there most writers will pick them.  Can't really blame them for picking the team with the best QB in the NFL.  I think they are wrong though and the vikings take the North.
Sure we can.  Rodgers was perfectly healthy in 2015 when we won the division in their house.  The only season in the last 3 we haven't wonder the north was when we were devastated by OT injuries. So what's happened in the last 3 years to make anyone think the Packers have gotten better than us?

Quote: @Scoog said:
@twgerber said:
Sure we can.  Rodgers was perfectly healthy in 2015 when we won the division in their house.  The only season in the last 3 we haven't won the north was when we were devastated by OT injuries. So what's happened in the last 3 years to make anyone think the Packers have gotten better than us?

did anyone catch the intermitable pregame vamping before the Atl/Phi game? They had to fill air time so they started talking about other divisions.  Apparently GB is the powerhouse, and Chi and Det are much improved.  The Vikings?  They lost Pat Shurmer.  Thats all that was said. Nothing else. Later on, more smoke blowing about GB.  Such BS. It doesnt mean shit if course but it still pissed me off.

Rodgers back and Capers gone.. same schedule except we are at Philly and home to the Saints, they are at Washington and home to Atlanta.   Take off the purple shades and they probably are more likely to win it.