Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
trade?????
I think the majority think of this comment as the team looking to trade a current player away.
Maybe they are just going to trade FOR somebody giving away a draft pick?
Some players that may or may not be interesting are ...
Isaac Seumalo OG Eagles  http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/profiles/i...id=2555495 Chaz Green OG Cowboys  http://http//www.nfl.com/draft/2011/profiles/chaz-green?id=2552666 
and a long shot ...
Shaq Mason OG Patriots
Green and Seumalo have potential and may or may not be better than what we currently have but they each have started 6 games in their young careers.  Seumalo plays center too and played 4 out of the 5 spots in college.
Maybe the Cowboys would swap Green for Weatherly or Bower or Idenigbo?  If not trading a 6th for Green and a 7th should be sufficient.
Mason would come at a higher price if he is available at all.

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
@"Purplewhizz" said:
@"comet52" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
I think the most tradeable players on the Vikings are Treadwell, Forbath, and Alexander. Tready and Alexander are mid-to-late round values IMO. Forbath of course is a late round value only and it's awfully early for anyone to be giving up on a kicker! 

But if it's a BIG trade, we're talking Barr or Waynes. Big trades are so rare, so I doubt that happens. Both players would draw a huge return, but sure would make Breezy's job easier. 

So what's it for? Cap help and a draft pick? Or OL help? Maybe Zim finally watched the film of Compton getting stood up on most running plays? Maybe Elflein is longer out than we thought? Maybe PA started sniffing glue again. 
No one is giving us a mid round pick or heck any pick for Treadwell.  Alexander.. maybe you'd get a 5th or 6th at best.  Forbath either makes the team or gets cut so no reason to trade for him.   Barr - it's obvious to me what Zimmer was responding too in his weird Barr trade rumor denial presser - it wasn't a rumor "out there", it was someone in the building floating the idea, probably because Barr and his agent want way more dough than the Vikings think he's worth.   Zimmer got pissed when he found out which is why he was so out of character at that moment.

That leaves Waynes, the most obvious tradebait on the team.   He could probably fetch a 3rd round pick from some team or if the Spielman really gets busy working his magic on some sucker g.m., a 2nd.   He will be making a big salary on the 5yo in 2019 and dumping it would help free up money for Barr if that's what they really are going to do.   
Some of you guys seriously undervalue Waynes.  A third rounder for a starting corner on the #1 defense in the league?  The ONLY reason to entertain trading Waynes is the possibilty they will not be able to afford him when his time comes.  But to trade him for a third rounder is basically the same you’d get if he’s signed away as a free agent.  Makes zero sense.

I don’t understand why Waynes isn’t appreciated more.  He’s a good player.  Good at covering, good at tackling.  He gets interceptions.  

Yeah, I don't get it either.  I've heard/read from a few knowledgeable football people that he had a stretch later in the season where he outplayed Rhodes.  Waynes has developed into a good CB and is now entering his 4th season, which coincidentally is when Rhodes finally became a shutdown CB.
He could easily fetch a 1st round pick...  especially when he is still under team control for this season and next season at a very reasonable price for a good CB.  The bigger question is...  why would we trade him?  I guess I can understand the cap relief argument...  but then the second question is...  why would we accept anything less than a 1st round pick if we trade him this year?  The Vikings aren't up against the cap this season and you don't move your starting CB on a team that has Super Bowl aspirations unless you can get something very valuable in return.

Waynes is so much better than that raw kid they drafted 4 years ago.  He's done a yeoman's job getting better each year.  If traded, he should command no less of a player.

Quote: @"comet52" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
I think the most tradeable players on the Vikings are Treadwell, Forbath, and Alexander. Tready and Alexander are mid-to-late round values IMO. Forbath of course is a late round value only and it's awfully early for anyone to be giving up on a kicker! 

But if it's a BIG trade, we're talking Barr or Waynes. Big trades are so rare, so I doubt that happens. Both players would draw a huge return, but sure would make Breezy's job easier. 

So what's it for? Cap help and a draft pick? Or OL help? Maybe Zim finally watched the film of Compton getting stood up on most running plays? Maybe Elflein is longer out than we thought? Maybe PA started sniffing glue again. 
No one is giving us a mid round pick or heck any pick for Treadwell.  Alexander.. maybe you'd get a 5th or 6th at best.  Forbath either makes the team or gets cut so no reason to trade for him.   Barr - it's obvious to me what Zimmer was responding too in his weird Barr trade rumor denial presser - it wasn't a rumor "out there", it was someone in the building floating the idea, probably because Barr and his agent want way more dough than the Vikings think he's worth.   Zimmer got pissed when he found out which is why he was so out of character at that moment.

That leaves Waynes, the most obvious tradebait on the team.   He could probably fetch a 3rd round pick from some team or if the Spielman really gets busy working his magic on some sucker g.m., a 2nd.   He will be making a big salary on the 5yo in 2019 and dumping it would help free up money for Barr if that's what they really are going to do.   
Treadwell I agree later pick. I think Alexander would draw a bit higher a 2 or 3. Corners are tough to find and in some schemes he’d be a very good fit. Barr is probably who has been discussed with the contract issue. It would take a 1st and very good player to move Barr in my opinion. Otherwise, no way. 

Waynes would be most attractive. I don’t think there’s many teams in the league that wouldnt jump at the chance to get him for a 2. I wouldn’t dream of taking anything but a 1 with multiple other pics or a great player at needed position with a 1. Waynes is an excellent corner in a league where they are premium with few as good as Waynes. In my opinion he’s often extremely underrated by fans. 

Haven’t the Jags been having trouble with a couple of players not getting along? I was wondering if it may be more about moving one of those guys as opposed to us wanting to move one of ours.

The reason trades don't happen much is teams value picks more than players.  In particular, picks that turn into starters are like gold because you pay them less $ for the first 4-5 years than you do a vet doing similar work. 

For that and other reasons, 1st rounders are typically only traded for star players which Trae Waynes is not.   If someone actually offered him a #1 for Waynes, Rick would be a fool not to jump on it.   But if the Vikings are shopping him the dynamic is very likely to be exactly as I laid it out - a 3rd or maybe a 2nd if Rick bamboozles someone.   The leverage would be different if someone is actively shopping for a cb and the Vikings can play hard to get.   A 2nd might be more doable.   

Now if it were the Browns who came calling...  =)

If a trade happens, I look for us to trade a backup RB (like Roc) to the Jags for an olineman. 

if im trading for OL help im trading XR and sticking with waynes and hughes as my starting CBs. we get younger and trade an aging veteran when his value couldnt be higher. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:

I could  see those three being on the block for OL depth, you wouldn't get much for them but people were excited to get Easton for Hodges a few years ago.