Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
trade?????
Whats this talk about a trade that Paul Allen thinks strongly will happen...….who???   what??? any insights????

PA said he thought there might be a "sneaky trade" I believe is how it was put.  I would imagine the only thing we have in tradeable assets might be:  Murry, Griffen, Barr and one of the corners.  I'm not saying that we would or should trade any of those players but I would imagine the only trade we could pull off of substance would be one that would be a starter for some OL talent. 

Most of the guys down our depth charts likley either need to stay to keep developing new talent or are bubble players that other teams would be willing to wait and see if the can poach off of waivers or our practice squad. 

"sneaky trade"????  the way  PA thinks I wonder what he is trying to say with out saying what it could be???  so that's the only hint we got.  Wait and see mode then.

it’s gotta be Forbath...  Wink 

Quote: @Kentis said:

Teams will just wait till the Vikings cut him.  They know we won't carry two kickers.

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
@Kentis said:

Teams will just wait till the Vikings cut him.  They know we won't carry two kickers.
well now, that depends on how many teams have shitty kickers, Imo...   B)

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
@Kentis said:

Depends on how bad they want forbath.  If somebody really covets a player why not offer a late round pick and make sure they get him...or a young player with promise but who is buried on your roster?  Especially if he fits under your cap....why wait and risk losing him in a bidding war....or maybe you are buffalo and have to buy players.

Today he mentioned our back-up RBs as possible trade bait.  But he said it in a way that made it seem like he was being pretty facetious.  Sometimes he just says stuff... and I think that this is one of those times.

We certainly have pieces that could be moved,  but rick should be very careful with lockerroom chemistry as they cut this roster down.  I don't think we need any big moves to cement anything at this point.  I could see several defenders or a RB being traded for some young OL help but not likely unless something more happens along the way in terms of injuries necessitating a move.

I can't think of a single team who has an Olineman to spare.  Oakland? Dallas? Philly? Nope.  

But what else could they possibly have in mind?

Its gotta be an aging vet on a rebuilding team...

Or PA is just taking a piss.