Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tony Romo to Enter Concussion Protocol... Once Again
Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

Yeah, MB did. What else would 'take a look at the depth charts' mean? That's who I was replying to.

Listen, we can have all the pipe dreams we want that we're going to kick Rodgers's ass and destroy Green Bay, but when it happens for the first time, then I'll believe it. 
So in your mind, GB is a lock to make the playoffs?  But not a chance in hell that we beat GB soundly?  Just curious about pipe dreams and all that.
The Vikings can beat GB, for sure. Soundly? When has that happened with Rodgers at QB? And I definitely think the Packers are getting into the playoffs. 

Not my first day as a Vikings fan. My hate for GB doesn't blind me to Rodger's abilities and track record.
Just curious about the definitive words you used.  GB "is going to be in the playoffs" and it is a pipe dream that we kick their ass.

neither seem quite as certain as you make it.

@"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Well, I don't think Green Bay is a shit team....and if Viking's fans think so, all they need to remember is they went to the NFCC game in 2016. They sucked last year because Rodgers was injured. He's a transcendent talent: he'll elevate the team. So throw dirt on their grave if you must, but they'll be heard from this year. How good they'll be, I have no idea.  
But nobody who takes an objective look at the depth charts in the NFC would say that Green Bay is the team to beat. 

The most talented rosters don't always win. Didn't you argue recently that Philly isn't as talented as some other teams? Is New England? Nope. When you have a talent like Rodgers, Hall of Fame special-type, those 'objective' looks go out the door. We've all seen him do it before. But when you have arguably the most talented player at the most premium position in the NFL, the rules don't always apply.

Nothing I'd like to see more than the Packers crashing and burning all year, but it won't happen unless Rodgers gets injured again. Vikings fans in this forum hating their guts doesn't mean much when there's 1:15 left on the clock and Rodgers has the ball down by 6. You can't pull a toothpick out of Viking's fans collective asses at that point they'll be so clinched up. 
Fully aware that the best teams don't always win. That's why you play the game. But I'd be surprised if the Vikings don't wipe the field with them this year. Rodgers is a helluva QB, but one of things that always bothered me about that injury is that he was not having that great of a game when he got hurt. 
Minnesota isn't going to 'wipe the field' with Rodgers. When has that ever happened? 
When has Philly ever won the Super Bowl? Just because something hasn't happened before doesn't mean it can't. Vikings will annihilate the Packers. Twice. 

@"greediron" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Well, I don't think Green Bay is a shit team....and if Viking's fans think so, all they need to remember is they went to the NFCC game in 2016. They sucked last year because Rodgers was injured. He's a transcendent talent: he'll elevate the team. So throw dirt on their grave if you must, but they'll be heard from this year. How good they'll be, I have no idea.  
But nobody who takes an objective look at the depth charts in the NFC would say that Green Bay is the team to beat. 

The most talented rosters don't always win. Didn't you argue recently that Philly isn't as talented as some other teams? Is New England? Nope. When you have a talent like Rodgers, Hall of Fame special-type, those 'objective' looks go out the door. We've all seen him do it before. But when you have arguably the most talented player at the most premium position in the NFL, the rules don't always apply.

Nothing I'd like to see more than the Packers crashing and burning all year, but it won't happen unless Rodgers gets injured again. Vikings fans in this forum hating their guts doesn't mean much when there's 1:15 left on the clock and Rodgers has the ball down by 6. You can't pull a toothpick out of Viking's fans collective asses at that point they'll be so clinched up. 
Nobody said "most talented roster".  The discussion is "team to beat".  And objectively (taking emotions out of the picture) can say that GB is the team to beat.  They were back in the Randy Moss days, drafting several DBs to try and find one that can stick in the draft this year.  They are playing catchup and they know it.  Rodgers is always dangerous, but there are teams in each division that are better than they are.

Yeah, MB did. What else would 'take a look at the depth charts' mean? That's who I was replying to.

Listen, we can have all the pipe dreams we want that we're going to kick Rodgers's ass and destroy Green Bay, but when it happens for the first time, then I'll believe it. 
Yabbut I didn't say the Vikings have the most talented roster in that post. I said "nobody who takes an objective look at the depth charts in the NFC would say that Green Bay is the team to beat." I'm pretty certain you agree with that so I'm not sure why you're in such a tizzy. 

I'll say that the Vikings have the most talented roster in THIS post: The Vikings have the most talented roster. There. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

Fully aware that the best teams don't always win. That's why you play the game. But I'd be surprised if the Vikings don't wipe the field with them this year. Rodgers is a helluva QB, but one of things that always bothered me about that injury is that he was not having that great of a game when he got hurt. 
Minnesota isn't going to 'wipe the field' with Rodgers. When has that ever happened? 
When has Philly ever won the Super Bowl? Just because something hasn't happened before doesn't mean it can't. Vikings will annihilate the Packers. Twice. 
Spoken like a blinded fan. No way they will, they never have with Rodgers under center. Silly post on your part. If they do, I'll celebrate my wrongness and enjoy it thoroughly like any other fan. But you and I both know it won't happen with a healthy Rodgers behind center.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

So in your mind, GB is a lock to make the playoffs?  But not a chance in hell that we beat GB soundly?  Just curious about pipe dreams and all that.
The Vikings can beat GB, for sure. Soundly? When has that happened with Rodgers at QB? And I definitely think the Packers are getting into the playoffs. 

Not my first day as a Vikings fan. My hate for GB doesn't blind me to Rodger's abilities and track record.
Just curious about the definitive words you used.  GB "is going to be in the playoffs" and it is a pipe dream that we kick their ass.

neither seem quite as certain as you make it.
You seem to always have issues with definition on this board, yet in OT threads you have plenty of hard opinions and definitive feelings. Seems odd.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

@"greediron" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

Nobody said "most talented roster".  The discussion is "team to beat".  And objectively (taking emotions out of the picture) can say that GB is the team to beat.  They were back in the Randy Moss days, drafting several DBs to try and find one that can stick in the draft this year.  They are playing catchup and they know it.  Rodgers is always dangerous, but there are teams in each division that are better than they are.

Yabbut I didn't say the Vikings have the most talented roster in that post. I said "nobody who takes an objective look at the depth charts in the NFC would say that Green Bay is the team to beat." I'm pretty certain you agree with that so I'm not sure why you're in such a tizzy. 

I'll say that the Vikings have the most talented roster in THIS post: The Vikings have the most talented roster. There. 

That's why this is a Vikings message board: homer glasses. Even the most articulate succumb to most fan's greatest weakness: bias. You aren't any different.

I like this board, obviously. I post here. But its not anything close to subjective. 

Wow, this is quite the thread lol!

Look, even in our very best years we typically split with GB. I suspect that will be the case this year too. They'll be plenty pumped for the Vikings @ home game #2. 

That said, I can't put them in the top echelon of NFC teams (i.e. Vikings, Rams, Saints and Eagles), but I do put them at the very next level with the Falcons, Panthers and maybe Cowboys. 

There always dangerous with Rogers and it wont take much of a surround for him to make this a double-digit win team. 

Come December and Jan? It's who's hot and healthy. It could be them.

Hell, I was getting worried when they were coming to USB to play last year during the regular season. They had what? A two game lead on us when we played em? They were looking like a top NFC team and last thing I wanted was GB playing or winning a SB in our f'ing stadium.

Instead, it was the pain of the Eagles and their fans here. I hate teams in green uniforms.

Must mean that holding ( I mean blocking effectively) is alive and well in the GB game as usual.  I still say the first series of plays our DE,s shouldn't try so much to get the  Qb as to work on hand work(snap a few fingers)

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:

Look, even in our very best years we typically split with GB. I suspect that will be the case this year too. They'll be plenty pumped for the Vikings @ home game #2. 

That said, I can't put them in the top echelon of NFC teams (i.e. Vikings, Rams, Saints and Eagles), but I do put them at the very next level with the Falcons, Panthers and maybe Cowboys. 

There always dangerous with Rogers and it wont take much of a surround for him to make this a double-digit win team. 

Hell, I was getting worried when they were coming to USB to play last year during the regular season. They had what? A two game lead on us when we played em? They were looking like a top NFC team and last thing I wanted was GB playing or winning a SB in our f'ing stadium.

Instead, it was the pain of the Eagles and their fans here. I hate teams in green uniforms.

Well said. And I agree: Are they better than the top echelon that you mention? I don't think so. But can they be a #5 or #6 seed in the NFC playoffs? Of course. And IMO, they will be. I get that we are in a Viking's forum and the hate is strong for them, but to not understand the impact of a guy like Rodgers is goofy. Count him out at your own detriment, JMO.

@"purplefaithful" said:

Well said. And I agree: Are they better than the top echelon that you mention? I don't think so. But can they be a #5 or #6 seed in the NFC playoffs? Of course. And IMO, they will be. I get that we are in a Viking's forum and the hate is strong for them, but to not understand the impact of a guy like Rodgers is goofy. Count him out at your own detriment, JMO.
but that was not your premise at the start of this thread?  I mocked romo as a homer for saying the puke were the top team in the nfl and you defended the assertion... now you say they are a 5th or 6th seed in the NFC?   nobody said that they are a shit team,  but they arent the best team in the league and are way way more dependent on 1 player than any other team at the top of the NFC.