Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exploring one NFL exec’s claim that Kirk Cousins is ‘not a finisher’
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:

proof that capn Kirk is indeed a finisher....

[Image: kirk-cousins-cooper-cousins.jpg?sfvrsn=0]
I wonder if that was in the 2 minute offense???  

Quote: @Sir Viking Bob VWO said:
@JimmyinSD said:

hed probably tell you it was from a shotgun formation... but most men dont want to admit they are really only effective from under center.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
That's a pretty interesting article. I'm very excited about what Cousins will bring to this very talented roster, but I can't help but feel like someone is twisting a knife somewhere in my gut when I read that he was 39th of 46 qualifiers in red zone accuracy...knowing that the NFL's #1 ranked QB in red zone accuracy was not Manning or Brady or Brees, but young Teddy Bridgewater...as a rookie.  He was 1st that year in accuracy under pressure also. Then the following year ranked #1 on PFF's total accuracy rankings. 

Bridge, water and all that... 
We won't need a red-zone offense this year.  Cousins will be dropping bomb after bomb on other teams from 50 yards out... and Cook will never get tackled.  Shoot, we might not even need a punter this year...  B)

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Sir Viking Bob VWO said:
@JimmyinSD said:

hed probably tell you it was from a shotgun formation... but most men dont want to admit they are really only effective from under center.
I wish he went for two and not kicked the extra point...   thats what the wife said

Quote: @pumpf said:
@MaroonBells said:
That's a pretty interesting article. I'm very excited about what Cousins will bring to this very talented roster, but I can't help but feel like someone is twisting a knife somewhere in my gut when I read that he was 39th of 46 qualifiers in red zone accuracy...knowing that the NFL's #1 ranked QB in red zone accuracy was not Manning or Brady or Brees, but young Teddy Bridgewater...as a rookie.  He was 1st that year in accuracy under pressure also. Then the following year ranked #1 on PFF's total accuracy rankings. 

We won't need a red-zone offense this year.  Cousins will be dropping bomb after bomb on other teams from 50 yards out... and Cook will never get tackled.  Shoot, we might not even need a punter this year...  B)
I wouldn't go that far. But we will go 19-0. 

Quote: @Sir Viking Bob VWO said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@JimmyinSD said:

I wish he went for two and not kicked the extra point...   thats what the wife said

My guess is that it was to a Tight End.

Only if the DL wasn't getting good penetration.

Quote: @ThunderGod said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@JimmyinSD said:

My guess is that it was to a Tight End.
I'm sure they are putting in extra time on the field to help that tight end become a wide receiver....  

All right boys.... =)

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:

Yeah water gone by, but that was one area that I really was excited for watching TB.  He was spot on when it counted.  Late in games and in the red zone.
The arrow was definitely blinking, red, neon and pointing up. We handled that perfectly. Eased him in, let him manage a run offense. 100% convinced he was going to explode in '16 when we took the training wheels off. 
Yup, 2016 was training wheels off and the Vikings did a really nice job easing him in. With the benefit of hindsight now, the Teddy Bridgewater chapter of Vikings lore is a sad one indeed. 

Lady Luck can be a real bitch...