Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
David Parry a Vike
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
Sounds like good competition for Jaleel Johnson behind Joseph. Started all 16 games for the Colts two years in a row before injuries and off-field tomfoolery started. 

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/594573093114236928

Lotta college highlights here. 
I would think Jaleel is behind Richardson.
That's what I thought before the draft, but our selection of 3T Jalyn Holmes, followed by Rick Spielman's comments, seems to suggest that JJ may figure more at nose tackle this year. I would think it's unlikely the Vikings would be able to keep both JJ and Parry (along with roster locks Linval, Richardson, and Holmes), so I sort of see it as a direct competition. What might give JJ an advantage is that, unlike the other DTs on the team who are decidedly either NTs or 3Ts, he can backup at both. 
I wouldn't be shocked to see them carry 5 interior D-lineman if Parry steps up in camp. Although they want to develop Holmes at 3-tech he can become the chess piece this year and play outside as well if needed. So they still have plenty of options. 

Although its always exciting to sign someone I wouldn't necessarily consider Parry a lock or even favorite to make the 53-man. He's going to have to earn his way into playing time. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
Sounds like good competition for Jaleel Johnson behind Joseph. Started all 16 games for the Colts two years in a row before injuries and off-field tomfoolery started. 

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/594573093114236928

Lotta college highlights here. 
I would think Jaleel is behind Richardson.
That's what I thought before the draft, but our selection of 3T Jalyn Holmes, followed by Rick Spielman's comments, seems to suggest that JJ may figure more at nose tackle this year. I would think it's unlikely the Vikings would be able to keep both JJ and Parry (along with roster locks Linval, Richardson, and Holmes), so I sort of see it as a direct competition. What might give JJ an advantage is that, unlike the other DTs on the team who are decidedly either NTs or 3Ts, he can backup at both. 
I wouldn't be shocked to see them carry 5 interior D-lineman if Parry steps up in camp. Although they want to develop Holmes at 3-tech he can become the chess piece this year and play outside as well if needed. So they still have plenty of options. 

Although its always exciting to sign someone I wouldn't necessarily consider Parry a lock or even favorite to make the 53-man. He's going to have to earn his way into playing time. 
I don't think Parry is necessarily a lock either, but he's a veteran that could truly back up Joseph in a NT type way that the team hasn't had. He's also had 4 sacks so he can penetrate at times, also. But he's certainly got to earn it. 

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
I just got to know. How drunk you got to be to lose control of a gulf cart?  Carrera yes , Cushman not so easy to spin out.
[Image: z1eoi7keanvy.jpeg]
You ain't doing it right. ....fucked up... a little moisture on the grass.... a gas golf cart with a tee wedged into the governor...maybe some hills for extra speed.... hang on bro this might not end well.   B)

"Former walk-on who plays with a chip on his shoulder."
He walked on at Stanford? As in, he did not get there on an athletic scholarship? He got there on his grades, test scores, and extra curriculars?  Damn. That's impressive.
Then gets so drunk he ends up stealing and turning over a golf cart?  Not so impressive.

Quote: @dadevike said:
"Former walk-on who plays with a chip on his shoulder."
He walked on at Stanford? As in, he did not get there on an athletic scholarship? He got there on his grades, test scores, and extra curriculars?  Damn. That's impressive.
Then gets so drunk he ends up stealing and turning over a golf cart?  Not so impressive.
Have you ever flipped a golf cart?  Millions of people drive golf carts every day and you rarely hear of people being able to flip them....and this guy was able to do it without all his faculties about him....and you aren't impressed?  

Some people set the bar to high IMO.

Oh hey...just for kicks,  next time you guys rent a golf cart ....make sure you ask the pro shop person how much more for full coverage and watch their facial response..  it's usually pretty good unless it's a kid ,  then you usually have somebody that wants to fIll out your foursome.

Lot of talent for the money.  If he bombs, no loss.

Flipping a golf cart is not real hard. Try going uphill slowly then turn left so you are driving sideways across the hill. Parry weighs 300+ lbs. It will be hard not to flip it.

Quote: @dadevike said:
Flipping a golf cart is not real hard. Try going uphill slowly then turn left so you are driving sideways across the hill. Parry weighs 300+ lbs. It will be hard not to flip it.
That's just tipping over....if you want to flip or roll you will need some momentum and a bit of creativity doesn't hurt either .... (for style points)  Wink