Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Replacing Marcus Sherels was our biggest need???
The amount of coverage & data analysis now is amazing, but at the end of the day, while everyones phones are recharging, no one really knows shit

I saw a clip today of Rick S being handed the phone to our new kicker. After doing his best Kevin Costner imitation, he in turn handed it over to the ST coach and then I tapped out wondering what Bud G makes of all this

Skol Bros !

We would have got a better draft pick, probably a top O-lineman, if we had just sucked a lot more last season.

sarcasm emoji

Quote: @"Poiple" said:
@"Zanary" said:
So much piss-fitting over a single pick among a crop of untested POTENTIAL NFL players...wow.

This is why I'll never be a draft-urbator: people get more wrung out over pick disagreement than they do over actual game losses.

Wake me when camp starts, and we actually see the team making the actual decisions on the 2018 roster.
You know Zanary, some of us enjoy the off season and watching the team being built as much or more thsn we enjoy the games.  Insulting people who discuss it says more about you than it does about them.  No one expects you to enjoy it, you can simply move on.
Enjoy?  That's often a stack of BS.  The majority of draft posts are snarling disagreements, the usual hate-fests against Rick (which, arguably, are largely starting from one poster), and a whole lot of anguish with every early-round pick that doesn't agree with the draft-obsessed.

It's amusing and alarming at the same time.  These kids have proven NOTHING, YET...which makes the extreme emotions involved kind of quizzical.  Yes, I get it: it's the offseason, we're all dying for Vikings news, we're all wildly invested in our favorite team, etc etc etc...but the investment in kids that haven't taken a pro snap just seems kinda silly.

I'll admit my post seemed a bit more snarly than it was in my head. 

@"Riphawkins" said:
@"Zanary" said:
So much piss-fitting over a single pick among a crop of untested POTENTIAL NFL players...wow.

This is why I'll never be a draft-urbator: people get more wrung out over pick disagreement than they do over actual game losses.

Wake me when camp starts, and we actually see the team making the actual decisions on the 2018 roster.
I liked it better when you didn’t know who was drafted until the news that evening of the draft. No Mel Kiper, or ESPN/NFL Network sitting talking bullshit all day long, or for three days.

Now, everyone is an expert, everyone has their two cents. Fans think they are a GM because they put together a team on Madden and won the Super Bowl. 

Discussion is fine, but getting their panties in a wad over who got drafted is just stupid.

where as getting your panties in a wad about people getting their panties in a wad is a fine and noble calling.  B)
My panties aren’t in a wad, so I assume you’re not speaking of me. 

Quote: @"Riphawkins" said:
@"Poiple" said:
@"Riphawkins" said:
@"Zanary" said:

I liked it better when you didn’t know who was drafted until the news that evening of the draft. No Mel Kiper, or ESPN/NFL Network sitting talking bullshit all day long, or for three days.

Now, everyone is an expert, everyone has their two cents. Fans think they are a GM because they put together a team on Madden and won the Super Bowl. 

Discussion is fine, but getting their panties in a wad over who got drafted is just stupid.

where as getting your panties in a wad about people getting their panties in a wad is a fine and noble calling.  B)
yet you replied

@"Riphawkins" said:
@"Poiple" said:
@"Riphawkins" said:
@"Zanary" said:

yet you replied
So, I guess your’re one of those guys!

I dont know, are you the self appointed wadded pantie checker?

zimmer has stated many times about playing 4 corners and 1 linebacker.   so we needed another corner.    the way zimmer rotates players it doesnt matter who lines up initially to start.  hughes will be seeing a lot of playing time

I thought he was talking about 4 corners and 1 safety, with 2 LBs still in place. Given that we have 1 great safety and 1 who should be a backup, that makes sense. I think he has long wanted to convert a corner into a safety but none of his candidates (Robert Blanton, Antone Exum, Jack Tochco) have worked out yet.

Quote: @"Jor-El" said:
I thought he was talking about 4 corners and 1 safety, with 2 LBs still in place. Given that we have 1 great safety and 1 who should be a backup, that makes sense. I think he has long wanted to convert a corner into a safety but none of his candidates (Robert Blanton, Antone Exum, Jack Tochco) have worked out yet.
its damn hard to find a corner with the desire to hit like a LB. 

most people see the S position as a slow corner or some such shit,  but S is asked to do so much its really a difficult position to play well.  you need the coverage skills of a CB, coupled with the reading and hitting of a LB.

kind of like TE,  most think of a TE as a big slow receiver,  but once again its a utility belt position,  have to have the size, footwork, and hand work to be an inline blocker,  but still have to have the speed, agility, and hand eye coordination of a receiver. 

IMO this positional demands make them so hard to fill with top level talents that when one does happen to be on your team you are treated to truly great football.