Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spielman Haters aren't gonna like
I suppose it was the timer that brought him in (like a moth to a flame).  Thanks alot, Kentis!  :#
 :p 

Let's leave the bait for the fishermen....and the name calling for the other boards please.

I like Rick overall. Some flaws for sure.   Since getting official title - playoffs 3 of 5 years and North title 2 of last 3 years.  On the upswing.  

Quote: @twgerber said:
I like Rick overall. Some flaws for sure.   Since getting official title - playoffs 3 of 5 years and North title 2 of last 3 years.  On the upswing.  

agree with your post. I like the trajectory, but it's time to get back to the big game and win it too. 

The past is what it is...and RS still needs to hit on QB. It's a big still to do - YUGE to borrow from you know who. 

Lets face it, if KC's is (god-forbid) a train wreck, it's not hard for me to believe RS is outta here. That was a chips all in move by a GM.

And as much as the guy with a handle from the Northeast is a bit of a zealot on the topic, in some ways I am quite aligned with him. No SB's or even SB appearances for way too long. 

I'm in my 50's...still waiting

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@twgerber said:

agree with your post. I like the trajectory, but it's time to get back to the big game and win it too. 

The past is what it is...and RS still needs to hit on QB. It's a big still to do - YUGE to borrow from you know who. 

Lets face it, if KC's is (god-forbid) a train wreck, it's not hard for me to believe RS is outta here. That was a chips all in move by a GM.

And as much as the guy with a handle from the Northeast is a bit of a zealot on the topic, in some ways I am quite aligned with him. No SB's or even SB appearances for way too long. 

lets face it though,  a SB is a crap shoot,  sure there is the pats and brady,  but for the rest of the league it really comes down to a few bounces,  and a whole lot of luck along the way with injuries and such.   yeah i want the trophy as much as anybody else,  but to hang a guy for not being able to get that done is pretty high standards.   about all any GM can do is assemble the team based on what the coaches tell him within the restrictions of the salary cap.  after that its up to the coaches and players.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
@twgerber said:

lets face it though,  a SB is a crap shoot,  sure there is the pats and brady,  but for the rest of the league it really comes down to a few bounces,  and a whole lot of luck along the way with injuries and such.   yeah i want the trophy as much as anybody else,  but to hang a guy for not being able to get that done is pretty high standards.   about all any GM can do is assemble the team based on what the coaches tell him within the restrictions of the salary cap.  after that its up to the coaches and players.

That is a totally radical take!  The GM doesn't play or coach?  All he can do is assemble the best team possible?  That's borderline crazy!  
 B) 

I’m too busy admiring all the Super Bowl Trophies Rick has brought this team to reply....   Ok I’ll just post this. 

Rick is smiley glad hand who apparently gets credit for taking this team to the playoffs 3 out of 5 years and 2 North Championships but yet no blame for not reaching the Super Bowl because he doesn’t play.    

Zimmer will either get us that Trophy or his replacement will with Zim’s guys, much like Chucky did in Tampa with Dungy’s team.  OR I’ll die having never seen my team in a Super Bowl again after thinking it was just “a normal thing” in the 70s.  

Quote: @pumpf said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
@twgerber said:

That is a totally radical take!  The GM doesn't play or coach?  All he can do is assemble the best team possible?  That's borderline crazy!  
 B) 
isnt it though... arm chair GMs sit around and talk about shoulda done this or that,  they dont know what was tried and not tried,  they dont know the long term plans and how a short term signing might affect those plans.  sure in hindsight its easy to say what should have been done,  but none of us fans really know whats going on in the meetings, the war rooms, or what ever else is forming a GMs decisions.  

as fans we can pound the table for this or that,  but after its passed... get the fuck over it already,  its entertainment and nothing more for us.  some of the personal angles that people take is rediculous.. IE: screaming death threats for missing a kick,  or for cutting a favorite player.

with all that said,  Rick,  if you are reading this... pay that man his money!,  you know who Im talking about,  pay that many his money or else...  B)

Quote: @Bezerker88 said:
I’m too busy admiring all the Super Bowl Trophies Rick has brought this team to reply....   Ok I’ll just post this. 

Rick is smiley glad hand who apparently gets credit for taking this team to the playoffs 3 out of 5 years and 2 North Championships but yet no blame for not reaching the Super Bowl because he doesn’t play.    

Zimmer will either get us that Trophy or his replacement will with Zim’s guys, much like Chucky did in Tampa with Dungy’s team.  OR I’ll die having never seen my team in a Super Bowl again after thinking it was just “a normal thing” in the 70s.  

All you "old" guys need to quit complaining...  at least you've actually seen the Vikings PLAY in a Super Bowl.  I've witnessed 5 NFCCG game losses...  at this point, I'd just take a Super Bowl appearance and cross my fingers they finally win it.  :-D

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@Bezerker88 said:

All you "old" guys need to quit complaining...  at least you've actually seen the Vikings PLAY in a Super Bowl.  I've witnessed 5 NFCCG game losses...  at this point, I'd just take a Super Bowl appearance and cross my fingers they finally win it.  :-D
Go to your room, Sonny.   =)  But first bring me a blanket... it’s cold in here.