Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft pick after Richardson signing.
I've said this the past 2 drafts though and I'll say it again this year: DRAFT O-LINE. I don't know the players as well as most of you, but I agree: I really hope we stock up on the line. Especially after seeing how well Elflein did as a rookie, give me some more of that!

RB and I would say Safety make sense as well on Days 2-3.

Wow! VF.com is still alive....Trade up for Roquan Smith. I know he’s got a medical red flag... but that kid is a stud.

He’d replace Barr when we cut ties or trade him and he’d slide in to a leadership role. 

Quote: @"GeorgiaVike" said:
Wow! VF.com is still alive....Trade up for Roquan Smith. I know he’s got a medical red flag... but that kid is a stud.

He’d replace Barr when we cut ties or trade him and he’d slide in to a leadership role. 
Still alive and kickin'...  Glad to see you drop by GV.  Miss you around these parts, bro.

BOOM

I have a different pick.

CB ISAIAH OLIVER COLORADO 
6'0.2" 201 with 33 1/2" arms, ran a 4.5 forty.  Still waiting on pro day for other results.

[Image: fkUY049u.jpg]

When Spielman said he had to go scout corners I do not believe he was lying.

This is a press corner and someone that Zimmer would probably love.

Right now you have Rhodes, Waynes, and Alexander.

They may bring back Newman and probably add a couple of other veterans on minimum non guaranteed deals.

From what I gathered reading the tea leaves thus far this off season, Zimmer really was not excited about spending big money on Cousins.  I think he wants to continue to add more pieces to his defense.

And he does like to draft corners early.

This might upset some people.

I would have to say RT is our biggest need now that they've signed the big fella to play next to bigger Linval. 

Besides that (in no particular order) a more athletic TE, OL/DL Depth, WR, RB, cb depth

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
I've said this the past 2 drafts though and I'll say it again this year: DRAFT O-LINE. I don't know the players as well as most of you, but I agree: I really hope we stock up on the line. Especially after seeing how well Elflein did as a rookie, give me some more of that!

RB and I would say Safety make sense as well on Days 2-3.
After spending 28 mill a year it would be kind of nice to keep their investment upright and in the game. 
The Vikes front office should have learned the lesson the last two seasons of how many linemen it takes to get through a season and what happens when you run out of quality depth, especially in the playoffs..
The Oline was better this year but part of it was Case’s ability to sense and escape pressure.  

one other thought... Richardson is only a 1 year deal so does having him this year prevent us from going after a stud 3T if one is there at 30?  I dont really think so if he is really BPA as we will likely have the same need in 1 year.  Letting Richardson go after 1 season and replacing him with a guy on a rookie deal will free up more cap for resigning others instead of having to burn more cap in 19 to fill the 3T role like we did this year.

Quote: @"RushmoreVike" said:
one other thought... Richardson is only a 1 year deal so does having him this year prevent us from going after a stud 3T if one is there at 30?  I dont really think so if he is really BPA as we will likely have the same need in 1 year.  Letting Richardson go after 1 season and replacing him with a guy on a rookie deal will free up more cap for resigning others instead of having to burn more cap in 19 to fill the 3T role like we did this year.

The Vikings are reportedly very high on Jaleel Johnson (4th round pick last year).  If that is true and the team has Richardson signed for one year... I would think that pushes the "need" for a DT down a bit.

The Vikings need offensive linemen and serious depth at cornerbacks.

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
@"RushmoreVike" said:

The Vikings are reportedly very high on Jaleel Johnson (4th round pick last year).  If that is true and the team has Richardson signed for one year... I would think that pushes the "need" for a DT down a bit.
its funny how the team is always reported as "high" on this guy or that guy,  but we dont really see that translate very often.  IMO until we see these guys on the field for extended amounts of time we need to draft as if they arent going to do anything substantial.   I think we can wait a year with QB now that they went and go an experienced vet in simeon,  but QB was still a priority for me even after signing cousins as we dont know jack about Sloter except that the brass are very high on him.   hell I am very high on Cook,  but I would still be looking RB in the middle rounds as well.  honestly I cant really think of a position at this point that is off the table in terms of who we should look at taking at 30.