Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft pick after Richardson signing.
Unless someone like Payne or Vea falls to us at 30, I don't see the Vikings taking an interior D Lineman with the 30th pick after picking up Richardson. 

With Price's injury, I really think he will drop a little bit and should be available for us in the 1st. Since the tear on his Pec was incomplete, he will be ready to go by training camp and would be a great addition next to Elflein. 

A couple of other options that may also be there for us to consider:
Maurice Hurst-Will his heart condition push him to the bottom of the first, or even into the 2nd round? Not sure I want to risk it. 
DJ1 and DJ2-DJ Moore and DJ Clark have steadily moved into the bottom of the first round in a lot of mocks. We definitely need receiver help. 
Dallas Goedert-It would be really tempting to grab him if he lasts until 30
Kolton Miller-Another riser who many feel just needs some NFL coaching to correct his technique. Can he play Right Tackle in the NFL?
Mike Hughes-Could be a nice replacement for Newman and Alexander in the slot. Great return skills as well. 
Arden Key-I'm not a fan even though a lot of mocks have us taking him in the first. I think Sam Hubbard is much better as a pass rusher. 
Sam Hubbard-The guy just makes plays off the edge. Very disruptive and seems to have more natural instincts to get to the QB compared to Key. 

Anyone else I'm overlooking? 

Isaiah Wynn, Maybe Orlando Brown if he drops.  

DJ Chark would be scary.
Price makes the most sense.
I still like Carlton Davis.
Taven Bryan was my previous favorite pick.  

Big fan of OL help but a dominate TE would be pretty cool.  Im hoping zimmer doesnt get his way and draft the first 2-4 picks on D. I think the D is stacked. Even at CB if we drafted one Zim wouldnt play them this yr. 

Would love to see them go offensive line with their first 2 picks. Get talent in the O-line pipeline and on the cheap too for the next 4-5 years.

Goedert,  McGlinchey,  drop back into early 2nd for Price and add a 4th round pick. 

I'm guessing Goedert will be available at #62.  Hayden Hurst is way more dynamic of an athlete and player than Goedert, but he'll be a 25 year old rookie.  He can also block.  Goedert is more of a slow 260lb wideout with nice hands and body control.
Vikes could trade back 10 spots, take Hurst at #40, and maybe pick up a 4th rounder?

It's possible Wynn, McGlinchey, and Price will all be gone by #30.
I do expect Orlando Brown to be available at #30, and I expect The Vikes to pass on him due to concerns around pass blocking at The NFL Level.  He's Phil Loadholt 2.0, IMHO.

At #62 a few red chippers on OL are still prolly gonna be around, and this leads me to suspect they might make a play for an offensive skill player between #30-40 like Chark, DJ Moore, or even Nick Chubb.

Some where in the top 1/2 if the draft we need Jets replacement

Quote: @AGRforever said:
Some where in the top 1/2 if the draft we need Jets replacement
Seems early for a guy that will see maybe 10% of the snaps at best if Cook comes back healthy.   I would agree if Murray hadn't resigned,  but he will be primary back up if DC is limited.

I didn't list Wynn, McGlinchey, Hernandez, or Williams as options because I think they will all be gone. 
Brown looked terrible at the combine and reminds me a lot of Andre Smith. I wouldn't touch him. 

I think Price and Miller will be the only OLineman left at 30 worthy of a first round grade. 

If the Vikings Doctors don't have any concerns over Price's Pec tear, he is a no brainer at 30 IMO.