Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CAP Savings - Murray, Wright, BRob?
Quote: @"Waterboy" said:
@"RushmoreVike" said:
@"Waterboy" said:
@"RushmoreVike" said:
@"Waterboy" said:
I dont get how it’s so vital for us to go overboard in treating BRob special. i understand he’s been a Viking his whole NFL career. Careers end, and players aren’t entitled to earn more than they’re worth.  If the best talent evaluators on the Vikings deem him expendable on his current salary, they should move on.  Do what’s best for the Vikings.  
Then why didn't do the same to others who clearly weren't pulling their weight I'm the past.  And if they can't see that BRob is still playing at a top level in limited opportunities then they should seek other employment. The team led the league on 3rd downs last year...Remember who was setting the D for most of those plays?  Here's a hint. ...it wasn't any of our regular 11.

Hey Rick....pay that man his money!
Hmm, so you are a better evaluator of talent than the guy who put this Super Bowl contending team together.  Ok. 
A blind man could see that Robison is pulling his weight on D and that his contract is not out of line.  But if you want to be a smart ass...OK
So you’re still making the argument you know more than the guys paid to put the best team on the field?  The ones who have shown an obvious eye in identifying talent, and manging the salary cap effectively for years.   AD was awesome too, more awesome than Robison, until he wasn’t.  i think I’ll be okay seeing Hunter in his third season more often, and teamed with Richardson.  It’s too bad it may mean making a tough decision. 
And you are still  thinking that all personel decisions are based on talent and potential.  This is purely based on the leverage that spielman has on Robison by knowing that Brian is, by his own choice,  near the end of his career,  and wanting to do so with the Vikings.

But if you want to mistakenly believe  that this is somehow based on performance or talent,  go right ahead and be wrong.

look, Brian is around 34 years old. isnt a starter. and may only play one more year. 

it may not be fair, based on performance, but he is exactly the type of guy teams approach with a paycut proposition. 

now it is his choice if he wants to accept that pay cut and play on one of the best teams in the nfl for a chance at a superbowl. 

and whoever mentioned Rudy for a little paycut has the right idea. vikings bring him to free agent dinners like Rudy is a star. hes just a pretty good one. 

Quote: @"Purple Haze" said:
@"Purplewhizz" said:
Has anyone actually asked him to take a paycut or is this all just specukation?
I believe pops di mention somewhere that B Rob has been approached about it.

he was pissed in the salary reduction thread but that thread was bassed off an article that was speculating. there hasnt been anything directly from the vikings that ive seen. now that doesnt mean it isnt happening behind the scenens. 

34 is old in NFL years.   Time to move on from BRob imo.   The $ savings is needed and he earned millions over his career, nothing to cry about.

Age is a number,  it's meaning is different for every player.  Brian hasn't shown any major issues and is the defensive leader.  The  league has plenty of examples of players going into their mid to late 30s at a high level.  Today's diet and training regimens are significantly better than those of even 15 years ago.  

Not to mention that Brian  was a freak athlete when we drafted him and is still pretty damn impressive.  Losing Brian would be a big loss to our defense with no heir apparent.

Quote: @"comet52" said:
34 is old in NFL years.   Time to move on from BRob imo.   The $ savings is needed and he earned millions over his career, nothing to cry about.
So New England should have released Brady about 5 years and two super bowl trophys ago then is 34 years is old.  And why havent they released Newman for the same reason.  Age has nothing to do with it if you can still perform at a high level. If his salary was 6 or 7 million then I can see him taking a cut that would make a difference. Does 1 million and change of savings make that big a differnce.  If they were a few millio over the cap I would understand.

Another factor to consider is what impact does this have to the locker room.  They already let multiple well liked players leave to bring in an outsider (I'm ok with that btw), now looking at another to skim another 1 million from B Rob ? 
The QB decision could be taken as a tough business decision, however, it can be justified based on facts.  B Rob's situation could be perceived as petty.  Not good for chemistry.

Quote: @"RushmoreVike" said:
@"Maple Surple" said:
I don’t think the Vikings are picking on him...

Most hear have an emotional attachment that you cannot have in a billion dollar business
As a fan of a team....why wouldn't a person have emotion?  If there is no emotional attachment then what the fucks the point?
I’m not saying you can’t...but maybe don’t take it so personal
The Vikings are not doing this just to be pricks, doubt it’s some vandetta 
This team is actually amazing when it comes to the cap, and not buy playing favorites  Wink

Some here are acting like it’s the ending to Old Yeller

Anywho...everyone have a great Sunday

Quote: @"Maple Surple" said:
@"RushmoreVike" said:
@"Maple Surple" said:

Most hear have an emotional attachment that you cannot have in a billion dollar business
As a fan of a team....why wouldn't a person have emotion?  If there is no emotional attachment then what the fucks the point?

LMAO, now that WAS sad!

Quote: @"Maple Surple" said:
@"RushmoreVike" said:
@"Maple Surple" said:

I’m not saying you can’t...but maybe don’t take it so personal
The Vikings are not doing this just to be pricks, doubt it’s some vandetta 
This team is actually amazing when it comes to the cap, and not buy playing favorites  Wink

You don’t think Newman recieved a bit of “coaches pet” treatment while here?