Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CAP Savings - Murray, Wright, BRob?
Murray:

Murray agreed to cut his salary and stay saving 1.15 million.

"MAR 17 2018Reduced his 2018 salary to $3.65M, per-game bonus to $250,000, and likely incentives to $600,000 clearing $1.15M in cap space with Minnesota (MIN)

Wright:

Cutting Wright saved 2.65 million in CAP space.  Now hearing we might want to bring him back but my thought is that he will probably be able to find another team that will pay him.  Still have no idea why he was in the doghouse the last few years...nothing was ever reported.  He is a slot WR only but not sure who will be the backup in the slot to Theilan now?  

Robison:

His CAP hit for this year is about 3.5 million with 1.25 in dead money so cutting him would save 2.25 million.  I would really like BRob back because I thought he played very well in reduced role last year and Hunter didn't exactly rise to an every down DE.  So one more year of spot duty and development for Hunter would be ideal - IMO.  Is Robison willing to do the Murray thing and save us 1 million?  I hope so.

I don't get asking Robison to take a pay cut...  He's making 3.5 million and can still play.  Team leader and great role model for younger players.

It's kind of insulting to ask him to take 1 million less when we just handed out how much money to other players?  Is 1 million really going to make or break us when the cap is 177 million dollars?

Fuck that.  Let the guy play the last year of his deal.  He's been nothing but loyal and took team friendly deals to stay here and try to win us a Championship.  Doesn't that mean anything?

Quote: @Wetlander said:
I don't get asking Robison to take a pay cut...  He's making 3.5 million and can still play.  Team leader and great role model for younger players.

It's kind of insulting to ask him to take 1 million less when we just handed out how much money to other players?  Is 1 million really going to make or break us when the cap is 177 million dollars?

Fuck that.  Let the guy play the last year of his deal.  He's been nothing but loyal and took team friendly deals to stay here and try to win us a Championship.  Doesn't that mean anything?
I'm with you on BRob.  

No reason to not pay BRob.  Does everything asked of him and does it well.  To cut him and then ask him back for less money would be a dick move...   

I dont get how it’s so vital for us to go overboard in treating BRob special. i understand he’s been a Viking his whole NFL career. Careers end, and players aren’t entitled to earn more than they’re worth.  If the best talent evaluators on the Vikings deem him expendable on his current salary, they should move on.  Do what’s best for the Vikings.  

Quote: @Waterboy said:
I dont get how it’s so vital for us to go overboard in treating BRob special. i understand he’s been a Viking his whole NFL career. Careers end, and players aren’t entitled to earn more than they’re worth.  If the best talent evaluators on the Vikings deem him expendable on his current salary, they should move on.  Do what’s best for the Vikings.  
Then why didn't do the same to others who clearly weren't pulling their weight I'm the past.  And if they can't see that BRob is still playing at a top level in limited opportunities then they should seek other employment. The team led the league on 3rd downs last year...Remember who was setting the D for most of those plays?  Here's a hint. ...it wasn't any of our regular 11.

Hey Rick....pay that man his money!

Quote: @Waterboy said:
He is making 3.5 million dollars...  and he restructured his contract last year to make less money on the deal.

I could see if he was making 6 or 7 million...  but it's half that.  He played 500 some snaps for us last season.  I would expect him to get a similar amount this season. 

What's that worth?  Not even factoring in the intangibles he brings to the table...

He's making the same as Julius Peppers is slated to earn this year (if he doesn't retire) and Peppers was a part time player last season for the Panthers.

I don’t think the Vikings are picking on him...

Most hear have an emotional attachment that you cannot have in a billion dollar business

Quote: @Wetlander said:
He's making the same as Julius Peppers is slated to earn this year (if he doesn't retire) and Peppers was a part time player last season for the Panthers.
Peppers is playing on a 1yr, 5m deal this season w/ the Panthers.