Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possibly Trumps smartest move yet as President
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
Trump suggests Republicans will let ACA market collapse, then rewrite health law...

Its apparent to most conservatives that the new proposed health care bill is no better than obamacare for most Americans.  Its also apparent to most that this is going to be a partisan issue until a solution falls on its face and another is created out of desire to help all Americans and not just their voting base.  IMO this move should show more libs that the ACA is a disaster in terms of what it was supposed to be ( affordable care for all Americans)  and should move them to demand that their elected officials fix the issue...just as the cons have been begging their elected to so for the last decade.

I am so fucking sick of obamacare that I would almost like to see socialized medicine tried....fuck the insurance carriers, fuck the drug companies,  fuck the major medical providers that have destroyed their smaller competition... fuck them all and let the govt decide who lives or dies.  in actuality they always hold the cards anyway through the bull shit laws they pass, so lets put them on the hook for the whole enchilada.  Might be just the card needed to bring about the political "revolution" that so many want to see.
If they cant get their s hit together with a Red Potus+ Red Senate + Red Congressional Control?

F'em

Shame, Shame, Shame...

I think eventually something will get done. Dont know if any of us will like the end result - regardless of whether we're red, blue or purple. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Trump suggests Republicans will let ACA market collapse, then rewrite health law...

Its apparent to most conservatives that the new proposed health care bill is no better than obamacare for most Americans.  Its also apparent to most that this is going to be a partisan issue until a solution falls on its face and another is created out of desire to help all Americans and not just their voting base.  IMO this move should show more libs that the ACA is a disaster in terms of what it was supposed to be ( affordable care for all Americans)  and should move them to demand that their elected officials fix the issue...just as the cons have been begging their elected to so for the last decade.

I am so fucking sick of obamacare that I would almost like to see socialized medicine tried....fuck the insurance carriers, fuck the drug companies,  fuck the major medical providers that have destroyed their smaller competition... fuck them all and let the govt decide who lives or dies.  in actuality they always hold the cards anyway through the bull shit laws they pass, so lets put them on the hook for the whole enchilada.  Might be just the card needed to bring about the political "revolution" that so many want to see.
If they cant get their s hit together with a Red Potus+ Red Senate + Red Congressional Control?

F'em

Shame, Shame, Shame...

I think eventually something will get done. Dont know if any of us will like the end result - regardless of whether we're red, blue or purple. 

At least all red doesn't shove another dick in our ass  like the all blue team did when it was there turn.

Maybe the blue team could have worked in the last 8 years to fix their screw up instead of standing back and claiming victor over the piece of shit that we all knew we got stuck with.

Or maybe team blue should have come up with their own version to compromise with team red.  I don't like the Republican version anymore than I liked obamacare and I am quite certain of 2 things,  1. the system needs to change and  2. The majority of middle class America will take it in the ass again.

That dick is coming, just a matter of when. Unfortunately I agree with you regarding the middle class. At least for what's left of that shrinking demographic.

The first thing I would do is get rid of state boundaries to get insurance.   

The second thing I would do is fix the younger premiums lower and hit the wealthy comfortable people higher.  

The third thing I would do is create a health care system designed to handle the serious shit for everyone free.  Maybe make medicare or medicaid absorb it.  Allow people to go to whoever they want.  

Insurance therefore is for less serious shit.  and now should be cheap.  Anyone can add luxury at their own expense if they want. 

Go after shit that hurts people.

Quote: @A1Janitor said:
The first thing I would do is get rid of state boundaries to get insurance.   

The second thing I would do is fix the younger premiums lower and hit the wealthy comfortable people higher.  

The third thing I would do is create a health care system designed to handle the serious shit for everyone free.  Maybe make medicare or medicaid absorb it.  Allow people to go to whoever they want.  

Insurance therefore is for less serious shit.  and now should be cheap.  Anyone can add luxury at their own expense if they want. 

Go after shit that hurts people.
What is wealthy/comfortable?

What pisses me off is that my insurance costs have skyrocketed in the last 5 years and I don't use it.  I went in for one of those community health screenings where they do a battery of tests really cheap bit it's all out of pocket,  anyway they asked who my doctor was and I told them and the girl kinda laughed and I asked what's so funny....she said he retired 3 years ago.  My whole family of 4 has seen the doctor about 10 times in the last 20 years outside of maternity and checkups for the babies.  We carried affordable insurance to cover the major stuff and paid any little visits out of pocket.  These  govt run fuck ups plans have eliminated that option.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Vikeshrink said:
@badgervike said:
I know the Republicans and Trump ran on repealing and replacing but the reality is that it's almost impossible to take away entitlements...particularly given the liberal bent of the MSM.  How many articles have been written about loss of coverage and how many people would DIE because of the potential replacement bills.  The ACA is in a death spiral with coverage options going away and costs spiraling.  As that spiral continues this year, those issues will become even more profound.  Some early projections for 2018 include total loss of coverage in some areas and increases in costs by 100% or more.  This has been pure political theatre...any fair minded individual will tell you the ACA is a bad piece of legislation with its coverage mandates and total lack of cost reduction and options in the bill.  My personal opinion is that it is a law that was always intended to fail....

Access to quality, affordable healthcare is not an
entitlement, it’s essential for human dignity and is necessary to promote the
general welfare for you, me and all of our fellow citizens.  
If the ACA fails it will be due to two things (in my view).  The first is because as you point out, it failed to address the cost of healthcare (which is unbelievably out of control).  The second would be due to the refusal by red states to participate--a strategy, by the way that was both brilliant and corrupt on the Republican's part.  
1) Refuse to participate in the design, development and rollout, 
2) Bemoan it's shortcomings to your voters to undermine the credibility of the program so as to
3) Drive down consumer participation to make it insolvent.
4) Point to the outcome that you helped create as proof that it wasn't going to work anyway.
The results in the blue states make me damn grateful that my red state abstained.  I feel sorry for Minnesotans and what the ACA has done to their health care costs.

As far as dignity...where's the dignity in getting unearned  things off the hard work of others?
Please don't worry about us Minnesotans, I honestly wish states had more control with issues like this.

Why can’t the Senate repeal Obamacare? Because its policies are actually popular.
...90 percent of Democrats and 82 percent of Republicans supported allowing young adults to stay on their parents’ insurance until age 26; 89 percent of Democrats and 77 percent of Republicans approved the elimination of out-of-pocket expenses for many preventive services; 91 percent and 67 percent wanted subsidies for low- and middle-income Americans to purchase insurance; 90 percent of Democrats and 67 percent of Republicans support the Medicaid expansion; 75 percent and 63 percent wanted to prohibit insurance companies from denying coverage because of one’s medical history; and 82 percent of Democrats and 63 percent of Republicans support increasing the Medicare payroll tax on earnings for upper-income Americans...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2017/07/19/why-cant-the-senate-repeal-obamacare-because-its-actual-policies-are-popular/?utm_term=.901cb1c875d9

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Why can’t the Senate repeal Obamacare? Because its policies are actually popular.
...90 percent of Democrats and 82 percent of Republicans supported allowing young adults to stay on their parents’ insurance until age 26; 89 percent of Democrats and 77 percent of Republicans approved the elimination of out-of-pocket expenses for many preventive services; 91 percent and 67 percent wanted subsidies for low- and middle-income Americans to purchase insurance; 90 percent of Democrats and 67 percent of Republicans support the Medicaid expansion; 75 percent and 63 percent wanted to prohibit insurance companies from denying coverage because of one’s medical history; and 82 percent of Democrats and 63 percent of Republicans support increasing the Medicare payroll tax on earnings for upper-income Americans...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2017/07/19/why-cant-the-senate-repeal-obamacare-because-its-actual-policies-are-popular/?utm_term=.901cb1c875d9
Most people are in favor of a lot of shit until they find out they might have to pay for it.  It's all good spending if it doesn't raise my taxes.  

I have not seen this discussed much. The actual cost of health care.  A friend of the family had a heart issue, not a heart attack, but constricted artery's.  The hospital brought in Mercy flight for a 50 mile trip,  $38,000 dollar bill.  Maybe $20,000 covered under insurance.  That is not right.  They where not told of the cost.  The copter sat on the pad for over hour and half (I work at airport)  before it left.  My question, are the hospitals charging out the nose because a certain percentage cannot pay or have the hospitals and insurance company's figured out a way to legitimized a $50 dollar aspirin.  I feel we are all being hoodwinked by the providers and insurance company's.  

Quote: @Vikefever said:
I have not seen this discussed much. The actual cost of health care.  A friend of the family had a heart issue, not a heart attack, but constricted artery's.  The hospital brought in Mercy flight for a 50 mile trip,  $38,000 dollar bill.  Maybe $20,000 covered under insurance.  That is not right.  They where not told of the cost.  The copter sat on the pad for over hour and half (I work at airport)  before it left.  My question, are the hospitals charging out the nose because a certain percentage cannot pay or have the hospitals and insurance company's figured out a way to legitimized a $50 dollar aspirin.  I feel we are all being hoodwinked by the providers and insurance company's.  
It's a racket from top to near the bottom.  The ones that do most of the work (NURSES) don't get paid shit for the job they have considering how much the industry charges.