Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possibly Trumps smartest move yet as President
Trump suggests Republicans will let ACA market collapse, then rewrite health law...

Its apparent to most conservatives that the new proposed health care bill is no better than obamacare for most Americans.  Its also apparent to most that this is going to be a partisan issue until a solution falls on its face and another is created out of desire to help all Americans and not just their voting base.  IMO this move should show more libs that the ACA is a disaster in terms of what it was supposed to be ( affordable care for all Americans)  and should move them to demand that their elected officials fix the issue...just as the cons have been begging their elected to so for the last decade.

I am so fucking sick of obamacare that I would almost like to see socialized medicine tried....fuck the insurance carriers, fuck the drug companies,  fuck the major medical providers that have destroyed their smaller competition... fuck them all and let the govt decide who lives or dies.  in actuality they always hold the cards anyway through the bull shit laws they pass, so lets put them on the hook for the whole enchilada.  Might be just the card needed to bring about the political "revolution" that so many want to see.

Yup, sometimes you just can't push a rope.

I know the Republicans and Trump ran on repealing and replacing but the reality is that it's almost impossible to take away entitlements...particularly given the liberal bent of the MSM.  How many articles have been written about loss of coverage and how many people would DIE because of the potential replacement bills.  The ACA is in a death spiral with coverage options going away and costs spiraling.  As that spiral continues this year, those issues will become even more profound.  Some early projections for 2018 include total loss of coverage in some areas and increases in costs by 100% or more.  This has been pure political theatre...any fair minded individual will tell you the ACA is a bad piece of legislation with its coverage mandates and total lack of cost reduction and options in the bill.  My personal opinion is that it is a law that was always intended to fail....

its been said since day 1 that it was just a way to push the country to single payer,  and its looking strongly like that is correct.

Wouldn't want to fix anything, Merica way.  

We can't fix the insurance companies because that's how politicians support their campaigns.

We can't fix Pharmaceutical companies because politicians also get support from them.

Quote: @Bolstad79 said:
Wouldn't want to fix anything, Merica way.  

We can't fix the insurance companies because that's how politicians support their campaigns.

We can't fix Pharmaceutical companies because politicians also get support from them.
and yet how many incumbents were re-elected last term?  

dont blame the system, the blame lies with those that keep sending the same people to DC to run the system.

Single payer is the only way to solve the healthcare problem. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
possibly,  but if you ask my family what they think of govt provided health care (VA)  I think you will likely get a much different answer

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
possibly,  but if you ask my family what they think of govt provided health care (VA)  I think you will likely get a much different answer
Single payer is not government-provided healthcare. In fact, many of the VA's biggest problems would be eliminated in a single-payer system. In a single-payer system the government pays all the bills but does not own, operate or staff any of the health care providers. The VA's biggest delays come from its administration, red tape, determining who qualifies and who doesn't. All of that goes away in single-payer. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
Single payer is not government-provided healthcare. In fact, many of the VA's biggest problems would be eliminated in a single-payer system. In a single-payer system the government pays all the bills but does not own, operate or staff any of the health care providers. The VA's biggest delays come from its administration, red tape, determining who qualifies and who doesn't. All of that goes away in single-payer. 
why would the govt allow a for profit company when they think they can do health care?  if we went to a single payer system i am fairly certain that the facilities would end up being run like the VA where you are nothing more than a number and the level of service will go in the shitter.