Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings Have Reached Out to Drew Brees
Quote: @mblack said:
Saints are screwed! 
That's an important point to consider. Vikings not only get better, they diminish (OK, dismantle) a viable competitor. Who's their QB now? Chase Daniel? 

Which of course leads me to believe there is no chance in hell Saints don't work something out here. They are not rebuilding. Makes no sense on their part. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@mblack said:
Saints are screwed! 
That's an important point to consider. Vikings not only get better, they diminish (OK, dismantle) a viable competitor. Who's their QB now? Chase Daniel? 

Which of course leads me to believe there is no chance in hell Saints don't work something out here. They are not rebuilding. Makes no sense on their part. 
If this were to somehow occur, it could be the biggest transfer of power I can recall. The Saints not only get worse, they get infinitely worse. The Vikings get far, far better. If you're Rick, why the heck not pursue the heck out of this?

This is a total tease. 

Quote: @mblack said:
I don't think this amounts to anything (there is just ALOT that needs to happen for Brees to jump ship). It however gives the vikings some solid ground to leverage on the Kirk Cousins stakes. 
I think this makes the most sense.

Plus, I would never trust Brees or the Saints.

They could fake interest until the Vikings miss out on a QB or two.

Notgonnahappen...but Brees I'd pay $30 million to without batting an eye...

Quote: @Vikeking2 said:
the saints couldnt afford his 18 million guarantee that triggers if team picks up options this week. 

how are they going to renegotiate a deal near 30 mil a season. 
The 18M is for if they don't resign him, which is part of the signing bonus they did on his last contract.  If they do resign him, they would just have to put more money into the future like they previously did.  Either way, they're digging themselves a pretty sizable hole given how good they looked last year.  If they resigned Brees for 30M a year for 2 years, it would probably look something like $25M this year, $25M next year, and $28M the following year (after his contract expires) and they'd just have to eat that huge dead money cap hit for one year.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
No WAY this happens... but if it did (my apologies to VikerGirl in advance...), I'd develop an incurable case of priapism until the season started...

Quote: @medaille said:
@Vikeking2 said:
the saints couldnt afford his 18 million guarantee that triggers if team picks up options this week. 

how are they going to renegotiate a deal near 30 mil a season. 
The 18M is for if they don't resign him, which is part of the signing bonus they did on his last contract.  If they do resign him, they would just have to put more money into the future like they previously did.  Either way, they're digging themselves a pretty sizable hole given how good they looked last year.  If they resigned Brees for 30M a year for 2 years, it would probably look something like $25M this year, $25M next year, and $28M the following year (after his contract expires) and they'd just have to eat that huge dead money cap hit for one year.
Werent they trying to dig themselves out of cap hell a few years back? I am not sure they have enough room to make the deal above work without losing some other vital peices. I may be wrong though with the good draft picks they have had lately.
I don't understand for the life of me how they let this negotiation get to this point.

Quote: @Clanzomaelan said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
No WAY this happens... but if it did (my apologies to VikerGirl in advance...), I'd develop an incurable case of priapism until the season started...
LMFAO! Don't hurt yourself.