Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So how will DeFilippo go about analyzing our "current" QB's?
Quote: @Zanary said:
@JimmyinSD said:
and the one that has Bradford packing his bags...

“Athleticism is a unique trait for a quarterback. There’s different types of athleticism for a quarterback. There’s guys like the Michael Vick type and those types and then there’s guys that have great athleticism moving their feet in the pocket to keep plays alive to extend plays,” DeFilippo said. “I’m not a big believer in quarterbacks that are a stick in the mud back there, they’re in cement back there at 7½ yards deep. Our quarterbacks are going to have to show some form of athleticism.”
Eh...I think the whole "Sam the Statue" thing was overstated to a fare-thee-well, because he had to move just to survive in 2016.  He's no scrambler, but he's more mobile than he is portrayed to be.
Sam can move a little,  but he got hit a lot more than he should have due to not moving up/around in the pocket when there was room to do so.  His knees are not going to allow him to do much designed running/rollouts either if that is what Flipper is looking for.

We would be f**ked at the QB position if we we not such a gifted team.   Really sucks to think that we have to let someone go who has either played great OR we invested a 1st rounder or more to bring in.   Typical purple shit

If I had to pick between Case and Teddy... the descriptions listed by Jimmy (from DeFilippo) seem to fit Teddy more than Case.

of our options, is say teddy too

Quote: @pumpf said:
If I had to pick between Case and Teddy... the descriptions listed by Jimmy (from DeFilippo) seem to fit Teddy more than Case.
Maybe he is following the Rickspeak, but once he gets to view the situation, He will see where the talent is lacking and that will be end of the Teddy discussion. Nice guy, not so good QB.

Hmm... the description could be Sloter - big guy (6'4 / 218lb), mobile, great arm. Just inexperienced. A perfect candidate for our new OC to work his magic with! 

Quote: @kmillard said:
@pumpf said:
Maybe he is following the Rickspeak, but once he gets to view the situation, He will see where the talent is lacking and that will be end of the Teddy discussion. Nice guy, not so good QB.
Is that a joke? 

I think it should be pretty easy.  Look at Kirk Cousins and what he has done and then be done with it.

http://wheeldecide.com/index.php?c1=Case+&c2=Sam&c3=Teddy&c4=Sloter&c5=Kirk&c6=Other&t=Select+a+Quarterback&time=5

Quote: @ThunderGod said:
http://wheeldecide.com/index.php?c1=Case+&c2=Sam&c3=Teddy&c4=Sloter&c5=Kirk&c6=Other&t=Select+a+Quarterback&time=5
I shit you not...  I spun the wheel and it came up "Kirk".

Ok...  then I decided I'm going to spin it 5 times total...  you know..  to make it scientific.

Next spin...  Kirk.

3rd spin...  Teddy.

4th spin...  Sloter.

Final spin...  Kirk.

All I can conclude from this is that we're going to sign Cousins and that Teddy's contract will toll.  Sloter remains our developmental QB.

BOOM