Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So how will DeFilippo go about analyzing our "current" QB's?
Have been wondering this morning about this. First, Im sure he will get the low down on the health of TB and Sam. He has seen Sam and Case play from an opponents view point. But how much does he know about TB / Slotter and their abilities and where they're at?

Does he have a sit down with each QB and interview them to get a better feel for their QB IQ? Does he run all of them through a day of watching them throw up close and personal to get a real evaluation of their arms/ their "touch" on shorter throws / accuracy both mid and long throws and see what are the real strengths and weaknesses (And can he actually do this since the season is over?)? Or does he just go on what he sees on film etc. and what he hears from the coaches who have seen them on the practice field/ games?

Just very curious how he is going to evaluate the current guys we may try to retain at QB, knowing he will want the guy who is going to fit his system.

i am betting that he will get a lot of tape from practices, (seeing how they handle repetitive throws shows if a guy is really weak at certain types of throws or if a deficiency in a game situation is maybe a different issue)  as well as game tape on them.  I doubt the CBA would allow him to do much with them in person (although being that they are all going to be free agents in a few weeks that might be different??) 

I'd guess he sits down with Stefanski before he's allowed to leave and maybe gives Shurmur a call.  Then probably goes over Case and Bradfords game tape and Bridgewater's practice tape.  I'm not sure if he can bring them in for a competition during the offseason.  I bet Zimmer has a pretty strong opinion at this point.

I think this gets very intriguing in that our new OC has at least some familiarity with Bradford, but also may be eyeing Cousins or Foles.  This may spell trouble for Teddy, but everything is speculation at this point.

Quote: @"medaille" said:
I'd guess he sits down with Stefanski before he's allowed to leave and maybe gives Shurmur a call.  Then probably goes over Case and Bradfords game tape and Bridgewater's practice tape.  I'm not sure if he can bring them in for a competition during the offseason.  I bet Zimmer has a pretty strong opinion at this point.
thats an interesting angle.  Flipper and Shurmur should become new BFFs as there are likely few out there that could help the other much more than they can help each other.   They could just trade notes from the last couple years both on their previous players but also their competition.

A lot of meetings and a lot of film. 

The Vikings will re-sign Case Keenum and Teddy Bridgewater in 2018
The move will force a quarterback competition in camp to see who will be the Week 1 starter. Keenum will be a hot commodity in free agency, but I doubt teams are going to go all-in on a quarterback who has had only one stellar season as a starter. Minnesota has the cap space to pay Keenum upward of $15 million to $20 million for a short-term deal and give Bridgewater a contract for $8 million to $10 million. That's a substantial price tag for a backup, but who knows whether the dynamic will stay that way come training camp. Keenum got the Vikings to the NFC Championship Game this year, but Minnesota has invested too much in Bridgewater's recovery to part ways with him now. Given how they planned out their cap space for 2018, bringing back both seems like the easiest option. -- Courtney Cronin

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"medaille" said:
thats an interesting angle.  Flipper and Shurmur should become new BFFs as there are likely few out there that could help the other much more than they can help each other.   They could just trade notes from the last couple years both on their previous players but also their competition.
Why would Shumur 'help' the vikings keep the better QB that he would be facing down the road?

Quote: @"mblack" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"medaille" said:
Why would Shumur 'help' the vikings keep the better QB that he would be facing down the road?
the Giants are a ways away from worrying about the Vikings in the playoffs,  however the Giants will be facing the defending superbowl champs twice this coming year, if Shurmur wants some inside info on the iggles,  he will have to play nice with the information he has.

Quote: @"Zanary" said:
I think this gets very intriguing in that our new OC has at least some familiarity with Bradford, but also may be eyeing Cousins or Foles.  This may spell trouble for Teddy, but everything is speculation at this point.
Or he is really intrigued by the possibilities of Teddy and that could spell trouble for the others. Omg! The speculation and possibilities are endless.