Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teddy Throwing Dimes in practice during 2017 - Per Kendricks
Quote: @Tom Moore said:
I continue to be in the camp where I favor Sam and Case over Teddy.  I don't care about age, I just want to win.  This team has a 3 year window (maybe) with an elite defense (Philly was an aberration).   With blocking, Sam is the best choice and it's not close, but you never know when the knee will give out again.  Case is a gamer, and more than a game manager.   Teddy is a great guy and read defenses well, he just couldn't (then) throw an accurate deep ball, and we all know his injury.
MMQ writer Andy Benoit was on with barreiro today and had the order of CASE, Bradford, Teddy. I think if Stefanski is named the OC soon it will pretty much tip which way they are leaning.

Quote: @Neptizzle said:
i love Teddy. if he is dropping bombs and is healrhy enough to last, he is my choice.
Nobody said anything about bombs.

Quote: @Purplewhizz said:
@Neptizzle said:
i love Teddy. if he is dropping bombs and is healrhy enough to last, he is my choice.
Nobody said anything about bombs.
Yeah, exactly. And its practice. I'm glad that Teddy looked good in practice, but this isn't a reason to make him the guy. The reason to make him 'the guy' comes from cumulative factors and I'm sure the staff is putting it thru that prism. Some fans get stoked over this kind of thing, but its very anecdotal. 

Quote: @Tom Moore said:
I continue to be in the camp where I favor Sam and Case over Teddy.  I don't care about age, I just want to win.  This team has a 3 year window (maybe) with an elite defense (Philly was an aberration).   With blocking, Sam is the best choice and it's not close, but you never know when the knee will give out again.  Case is a gamer, and more than a game manager.   Teddy is a great guy and read defenses well, he just couldn't (then) throw an accurate deep ball, and we all know his injury.
I favor a Bradford-Sloter combo, but I'll ride with whomever they go with. 

Lol, Thread title like that has every Tedhead getting a boner. 

As a fan, on the outside looking in, I'd have way to many questions on Bridgewater, Bradford too for that matter. Hopefully Sugarman has given RS and Zimm good medical intel.

I'd say Case and Sloter in 18 with Case at a Glennon type deal. 

That or Cousins...

Dayum, that would mean kicking two #1 picks spent on QB's to the curb along with Floyd and Patterson too. Ouchie.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:

As a fan, on the outside looking in, I'd have way to many questions on Bridgewater, Bradford too for that matter. Hopefully Sugarman has given RS and Zimm good medical intel.

That or Cousins...

Dayum, that would mean kicking two #1 picks spent on QB's to the curb along with Floyd and Patterson too. Ouchie.
And what about the Mental Cases?  Losing all those #1 picks would give the anti-RS crowd a woody as well.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:

That or Cousins...

it should be good news for any Vikings fan in case Teddy is who they end up signing.   Kinda like the news on Bradfords knees supposedly not a concern moving forward for Zim.  It all might be bull shit posturing,  but it still might be good news for our team.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:

it should be good news for any Vikings fan in case Teddy is who they end up signing.   
Kendricks isn't going to say bad things about anyone. It just isn't done. But if his response had been equivocal or hawing in any way it would've been obvious and telling. Instead he was damn near gushing. Yes, it's anecdotal, but it should be good news for all of us. It's a shame so many try to force everything through a partisan lens. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:

it should be good news for any Vikings fan in case Teddy is who they end up signing.   
Kendricks isn't going to say bad things about anyone. It just isn't done. But if his response had been equivocal or hawing in any way it would've been obvious and telling. Instead he was damn near gushing. Yes, it's anecdotal, but it should be good news for all of us. It's a shame so many try to force everything through a partisan lens. 
as far as the news... I am not really surprised that Teddys accuracy is top notch,  all he has been able to do for a year is throw and throw and throw,  he hasnt really been able to work on the other aspects of his game.  IMO if this knee turns out to be a fluke not a sign of other issues,  it may be a blessing in disguise for Teddy,  he was able to get the 2 years of grooming under in a pro system that IMO is really missing with many of the younger players now that are forced onto the field so quickly.

IF (great big if) Teddy can come back without lingering effects and future knee issues,  I think he will be in a position to really make some noise.  he got a taste of the game year 1 and 2,  about lost the biggest thing outside of his mother in his life,  had time to really learn under a more polished player in Sam last year and this year,  and was able to work on the things that he struggled with in year 1 and 2 as part of his rehab.

If that knee is good,  i would have zero issues going with Teddy as long as the team isnt handcuffed to the decision right away. ( I would like a competent vet in the #2 spot to push him though,  nobody has "earned" the right to be an undisputed #1 for next year with this team.

Quote: @Ilovebigtd's said:
Florio on KFAN: "I still think Bridgewater is the guy. Yes, they're taking a Daunte Culpepper roll of the dice. Talking to Eric Kendricks and Stefon Diggs yesterday, they raved about him. The biggest question is can he move? That's something we'll have to find out."

The Vikings believe in a QB who hasn't started a game in two years over the guy who just led them the the NFC Championship game. That should tell you a lot about Teddy. https://twitter.com/JReidDraftScout/status/958721478069030912 …
I still dont know that we arent just getting some pre FA bull shit spin.  Its in the Vikings best interest to make the rest of the league think that they really really like who ever they dont retain so they might as well let the spin run wild.  ( i doubt they have their players planting these nuggets,  but I am sure they arent discouraging them either)