Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can I get one good reason Treadwell is on the team in 2018?
Treadwell is also a decent blocker.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"Clanzomaelan" said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
Because he's consistently been getting much better separation this year, seems well liked in the locker room, and has largely been limited by both Thielen and Diggs dominating the outsides of the field. 
Interesting question... It seems like Wright is always open... How is it possible that guy is constantly in the doghouse?
I don't think he's necessarily in the doghouse. Its more about how the roster has unfolded. The thing with Wright is that you can use him out of the slot and the Vikings wanted to run bunch formation against the Saints defense to cause confusion. Treadwell is purely an outside receiver, which limits his use with that type of game plan. 
Exactly.  People bitch about Treadwell getting too many snaps in other games and now think his lower snap count is something to prove them right about him being a bust. 

The best thing about this offense is its ability to adapt and use different personnel.  Treadwell had a role in this game, but it was smaller because Shurmur wanted to exploit something else.  If his snaps go back up this week, I am sure this twit Carlson won't find it "telling".
Andy's solid.  Definitely not a twit.

We run a goofy offense.  I think half (slight hyperbole) our non-screen pass plays are just designed to go Diggs or Thielen on drag or mesh routes and Treadwell is just out there to block for them after they catch the ball and to block on running plays or screens.  

I think it is fairly simple really.  His cap hit next year is 2.709 mil.
If they cut him him prior to June 1st they take a 5.870 mil cap hit.  Thus, he wont get cut before June 1st.
I guess they could cut him with a post June 1st designation but that still would mean a dead cap hit of 4.514 mil in 2018 and 1.356 mil in 2019.
If they manage to trade him, and Guru had an excellent idea of trading him to the Browns for Corey Coleman, they would take a 2.712 mil dead money cap hit and then take on Corey Coleman's deal.

Considering that a large number of receivers take until their 3rd year to make an impact, I imagine the Vikings will stick with him at least one more year.

No matter how you slice it though, he has been a major disappointment.

Chance of a 1st round talent WR getting cut before year 3 without off field issues?  I think it approaches Nil.

I think Treadwell easily out snapped Wright in the regular season 2-1.   Wright played more against the saints  but don't know why.

Treadwell isn't a bust but clearly hasn't developed for where he was drafted.

He is important to the run game for sure.

He is still developing and has potential.  That's why he will be on the team next year.

i was going to go with the fact that they guys that get paid to evaluate players think that he is the best one for what they are looking for from the WR3 position... but hey,  what do I know.. Im only a fan.

seriously,  why the fuck does this come up every other week,  are some people only happy when they are tearing somebody down or bitching about something?  we went from the worst run team ever in the franchise history to being somewhat respectable in 1 year and we are to believe that having our best blocking receiver getting some snaps doesnt have something to do with that?  we went from being one of the worst offenses in the league last year to a top 10 offense over all,  so obviously the guys making the decisions arent fucking idiots... or maybe Case just loaned  them his horse shoe.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
i was going to go with the fact that they guys that get paid to evaluate players think that he is the best one for what they are looking for from the WR3 position... but hey,  what do I know.. Im only a fan.

seriously,  why the fuck does this come up every other week,  are some people only happy when they are tearing somebody down or bitching about something?  we went from the worst run team ever in the franchise history to being somewhat respectable in 1 year and we are to believe that having our best blocking receiver getting some snaps doesnt have something to do with that?  we went from being one of the worst offenses in the league last year to a top 10 offense over all,  so obviously the guys making the decisions arent fucking idiots... or maybe Case just loaned  them his horse shoe.
The better question is why does it piss you off so much? Its a legitimate question about a guy who hasn't produced anything and was a high draft pick. I asked for one GOOD reason and the only one that is close to 'good' is that he'd be a huge salary cap hit if he was cut. 

I find it goofy that you'd get so worked up about it.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
Chance of a 1st round talent WR getting cut before year 3 without off field issues?  I think it approaches Nil.
This I agree with. But again, its not a good answer. But its probably the truth in the salary cap era.

The only good reason I can think of is fairly obvious.  They don't have anyone else that beat LT out.  The Vikes have some young guys on the practice squad, and probably will add a couple more this off season, but if Tready beats them out he stays.

I don't think Coley and Adams would have very many catches either, if Treadwell was cut.  Diggs and AT would still get the majority of the targets no matter who they put in as the 3rd WR.  Chances are any new additions at WR for next year won't unseed Diggs or AT, so you'll probably be disappointed with any new #3's production as well.