Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big question, help
Thanks everyone, Jimmy, I'll try and follow the guidelines. Lol

I'v been to away games before in Dallas, Of course, Houston, NOLA and Atlanta. Proudly wore his jersey at all but the 2009 NCCG. wore it in NOLA the regular season game a couple of years ago. I had fun in Dallas heckling back and forth. Houston was good, at times. It helped that some of my friends and former workmates worked the game.
I was treated very well in Atlanta because my High School coach lived and retired there. He knew some pretty influential people and we were invited into a private suite there. Had no problem in GB, but the jersey was covered because of the weather.
Philly is a different animal though.
Their fan base is infamous  for being nasty.

I appreciate everyone helping me decide.  At first it seemed like a no brainer and quite honestly, now, it is to me.
I think i will go incognito though. It seems a bit safer.
I wish i could take you all with me but I'm sure you all will have better seats. Lol
Thanks agajn everyone. 

Have fun pops,   let us know how it went afterward. 

I think I read/heard that the Old Vet was the first Pro Stadium that they had to install a jail at the actual stadium to house all the A-hole / Drunk fans due to tons of fights etc.  - The home of the original Battery Throwers! Even throw shit at Santa Clause if I remember correctly. Totally D - Bag fans. Our local sports radio morning host who grew up in Philly even says they are the worst fans as far as sportsmanship and behavior at a game - ANY SPORT!

But I that being said - You have to go see your son play in the NFC Championship game. Too rare a happening. Just be safe and don't let their fans get your goat! Don't take their verbal "bait" after Brian sacks Foles and reels one in!

go  pops have  funn savior  the  game i  for one  beleive this  is the  year 2  games  left  have  fun be safe

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
FWIW...If my son wants me there, it's a done deal. I don't care if I'm sitting between Hitler and Goering.

Ive only ever gone to Vike's away games for 45 years....cost prohibitive for a teacher to get to home games, but I've been to all the West coast stadiums...SD, LAC, Anaheim, Oak, Phoenix.
LA Raiders were the worst, but there's a few guidelines to going to away games:

Stay sober....you WILL be a target for verbal garbage, but you'll at least have YOUR common sense, and no alcoholic inspired bravado.

If you can go with a group of other Vikings fans....strength in numbers. love this!
Used to go with the So. CA Vikings fan club...what a blast.

Golden rule....be cool to the opposing fans around you. Cheer but don't trash talk. 
(like that Chris Rock video on "how not to get your ass kicked by a cop")

Enjoy the game...if something goes right...celebrate....something goes wrong...shake your head.

Know that there WILL be verbal slings and arrows....they don't need to be returned.
ive been in situations where home fans have supported ME (Albeit not in Philly) and singled out the home crowd drunk as the problem to security.

You'll have a great time, there will be a few bumps, but MAN WHAT A RIDE!
Sage advice. 

So yes Pops, you go and root your boy on.  Likely will be with other Viking fans I assume, so there will be strength in numbers.  But you gotta see it IMO.

If you see Sean Payton there be sure to give him the old choke sign. 

Plus they need someone to teach them the SKOL chant in Philly.

I don't have any advice, but congrats to you and your son.

I said earlier I'd hesitate going to a game in Philly but my son doesn't play for the Vikings.  Hell yeah, you should go and have a good time.