Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big question, help
Brian wants to know if we (his mother and I) want to go to the game in Philly. I want y'al to help me decide.

No, I'm not trying to rub it in. Lol Honestly!!!

Im asking because of the reputation that Philly has (fans).
Has anyone been to Philly for a game and are they as bad as advertised?
Honest question because i don't want to have any trojble when we kick their butts.

POPS - you can't miss this one.  There are only so many championship games in a son's career.  It was 9 years ago since his last one, and don't think Brian plans to play into his 40s.  I lived in NY for a while and went to a game there. It was early 1990s and Brad Johnson was the 4th string QB.   It was at the old Vet, and it was rough.  Fans wearing Viking garb were heckled and intimidated.  But, if you are reasonable and are not trash-talking (I can't imagine you would) I think they would treat you fine.  It's not just a melee of people wanting to fight.  The security and police won't put up with it.

I say go....take your grandkids to protect you.....

Never been to Philly, but eff the fans, that's your boy! They can kiss your a$$ if they don't like it!

I agree with the others, just go and enjoy!  Brian will enjoy having you there and you can go cheer us on to victory!

Been to Philly but it's better than it used to be. There will be some dickheads everywhere, don't let that stop you. I say go for it. It's a big moment for Brian and for you and your family. Savor every single second of it. 

I used to live in South Philly.  Went to the Viking game in early 90s with Sean Saulsbury and Rich Gannon.  They were assholes.  Threw shit at groups of Viking fans. 

I was fine without purple on.  Go and enjoy.  

Quote: @"A1Janitor" said:
I used to live in South Philly.  Went to the Viking game in early 90s with Sean Saulsbury and Rich Gannon.  They were assholes.  Threw shit at groups of Viking fans. 

We were at the same game!

Quote: @"Tom Moore" said:
@"A1Janitor" said:

We were at the same game!
I just looked up the game ... The one I went to was on December 31.  So fricking cold.  

But it online it says we played October in 1990.  So mine was a different date than that one.

FWIW...If my son wants me there, it's a done deal. I don't care if I'm sitting between Hitler and Goering.

Ive only ever gone to Vike's away games for 45 years....cost prohibitive for a teacher to get to home games, but I've been to all the West coast stadiums...SD, LAC, Anaheim, Oak, Phoenix.
LA Raiders were the worst, but there's a few guidelines to going to away games:

Stay sober....you WILL be a target for verbal garbage, but you'll at least have YOUR common sense, and no alcoholic inspired bravado.

If you can go with a group of other Vikings fans....strength in numbers. love this!
Used to go with the So. CA Vikings fan club...what a blast.

Golden rule....be cool to the opposing fans around you. Cheer but don't trash talk. 
(like that Chris Rock video on "how not to get your ass kicked by a cop")

Enjoy the game...if something goes right...celebrate....something goes wrong...shake your head.

Know that there WILL be verbal slings and arrows....they don't need to be returned.
ive been in situations where home fans have supported ME (Albeit not in Philly) and singled out the home crowd drunk as the problem to security.

You'll have a great time, there will be a few bumps, but MAN WHAT A RIDE!

PS- most Philly fans will have left the stadium after the 3rd quarter anyway....you're golden!