Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michael Floyd to be Suspended 4 Games
Quote: @"Jor-El" said:
"Already on thin ice with his new team, Floyd's four-game ban gives the Vikings a ready-made excuse to move on."

That's pretty speculative or downright BS. I haven't seen any indication that Vikings management has stopped supporting Floyd, and I think they expected this suspension when they signed him.

It isn't good news and the Kombucha crap definitely has a bit of a "whizzinator" feel, but I still think the team will give him a chance to get his life in order. No idea if he really will, of course.
I'm pretty sure this suspension is for his original DUI arrest and was expected.  I assume they factored the kombucha issue and maybe he got an extra game or two because of it.

We knew it was coming,  he got what we've been expecting... it's time...let's go!

Good news! Was hoping for less, but feared more. It's about what most of us thought. Be back week 5 against the Bears. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Whats the roster spot implications? Does this give us some flex????
Yes, he won't count vs the 53 man roster until he comes off...some maybe a guy like Coley grabs the 6th spot in the interim...

Quote: @"RS Express" said:
Better than I expected, I thought Goodell would be angry at Floyd practically skating on the positive test and the seemingly ridiculous tea defense. 

33-71 targets with Tom Brady throwing?  Dude must have been blowing a .21 on the field last year...
The team seemingly believed his defense as he did not get cut as Zimmer said he would and I think the court did also. If they would not have he would have gotten a lot more than one day and finish his house arrest.  All things considered I think I'll just mark it up to one of those freaky things that happen.  We should remember 500 + clean tests before this incident and nothing else since.  That's got to count for something.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
Yes, he won't count vs the 53 man roster until he comes off...some maybe a guy like Coley grabs the 6th spot in the interim...
I have a weird feeling Fruechte may make the roster in Floyd's absence...  

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

Now is the time to work hard and make a mark

Quote: @"Tyr" said:
I expected him to miss 4-games, so it doesn't really change anything. Nice window for Treadwell to establish himself.
I would love to see this....

Quote: @"Canthony" said:
@"Wetlander" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

Has Fruechte been on the PS the last one or two years?  

Quote: @"minny65" said:
@"Canthony" said:
@"Wetlander" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

Has Fruechte been on the PS the last one or two years?  
PS for 2 seasons, but he was on the active roster late in the season when Treadwell was hurt.