Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michael Floyd to be Suspended 4 Games
Floyd was officially suspended by the league for the first 4 weeks of the 2017 season. As mentioned 2-3 weeks ago, this is the result his representation expected. 

ok game on. Let's go. 

I think Threadwell can fill the void pretty decent till Floyd gets back.  I think all the wide receivers will do a lot better than last year. 

How many times has this guy been busted for substance abuse?

NFL suspended Vikings WR Michael Floyd four games.
Floyd was arrested for DUI in December and had a slip-up when he tested positive for alcohol during his house arrest, violating the terms of his sentence. The troubled 27-year-old claimed the positive test was triggered by drinking Kombucha tea, though obviously that excuse has been met with plenty of skepticism. Floyd was awful last year, hauling in just 33-of-71 targets over 13 games for New England and Arizona. Already on thin ice with his new team, Floyd's four-game ban gives the Vikings a ready-made excuse to move on.
Source: Field Yates on TwitterJul 14 - 4:15 PM

Thanks Geoff...

Beats 6+ games. Just not counting on this guy, but certainly wishing him well to control some demons.

No more Kombucha tea. You got your 1 pass from Coach Zimmer, no more excuses.

Wonder if he'll appeal and try to get it reduced...at least now we can plan... 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:

Might as well give it a try...stranger things have happened.  Reduced to a two game suspension would be great.  Bottom line is I hope Floyd gets his head on straight and becomes the productive receiver he was originally drafted to be.

Quote: @"ArizonaViking" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

Might as well give it a try...stranger things have happened.  Reduced to a two game suspension would be great.  Bottom line is I hope Floyd gets his head on straight and becomes the productive receiver he was originally drafted to be.
I'll drink to that.