Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sideline View
Quote: @Neptizzle said:
love the ERRUPTION. craziness. I hope we haven't hit the wall. we still have 2 games to win
As awesome as the view is, the audio may be better! The crowd literally erupts when he catches that ball. On TV, we couldn't tell if a defender had an angle... Live, I have to imagine short of him tripping over his feet, the crowd KNEW he had a clear path.

Quote: @HappyViking said:

@Tyr said:
@BlackMagic7 said:
I just noticed a ref throw a flag
Probably for Diggs throwing his helmet off, but it wasn't applied when they lined up for the "extra point."

That angle is awesome and I love hearing the stadium erupt into cheers when Diggs makes the catch. Just an amazing moment that erased a lot of bad memories.

The game was over when Diggsy threw the helmet.  Time on the clock read 0, so I would think it was perfectly legal to remove his helmet.
Probably correct, though by rule they have to do the conversion attempt so the game isn't officially over...  Still, even if they could have enforced the penalty it was probably a good choice to pick up the flag.  It was one of the greatest endings ever and kinda dumb to flag for removing/throwing helmet and/or excessive celebration.  How long was it before they did line up for the conversion play (with like eight Saints players returning)?  It seemed like about 15 minutes.

Quote: @CLOBIMON said:
@HappyViking said:

@Tyr said:
@BlackMagic7 said:
I just noticed a ref throw a flag
Probably for Diggs throwing his helmet off, but it wasn't applied when they lined up for the "extra point."

That angle is awesome and I love hearing the stadium erupt into cheers when Diggs makes the catch. Just an amazing moment that erased a lot of bad memories.

The game was over when Diggsy threw the helmet.  Time on the clock read 0, so I would think it was perfectly legal to remove his helmet.
Probably correct, though by rule they have to do the conversion attempt so the game isn't officially over...  Still, even if they could have enforced the penalty it was probably a good choice to pick up the flag.  It was one of the greatest endings ever and kinda dumb to flag for removing/throwing helmet and/or excessive celebration.  How long was it before they did line up for the conversion play (with like eight Saints players returning)?  It seemed like about 15 minutes.
Glad we didn't need that XP to win it.  B)

As much as I love the PA call, I think this one is my favorite. I just keep watching it over and over.

Quote: @Tyr said:
Does anyone know who the guy in the jacket that ran along the sidelines with Diggs is? I initially thought that maybe it was his brother, but his brother Trevon (CB/WR for Alabama) was at the game but not on the sidelines. Is he one of the ball boys or a practice squad player?
I'm just getting through this morning's Power Trip podcast when they say who that was.  If you haven't heard yet it was Rodney Adams (5th round pick that is now on the practice squad).
[Image: FGQWEANCWJSAMJP.20160721142145.jpg?width=300]

Quote: @CLOBIMON said:
@Tyr said:
Does anyone know who the guy in the jacket that ran along the sidelines with Diggs is? I initially thought that maybe it was his brother, but his brother Trevon (CB/WR for Alabama) was at the game but not on the sidelines. Is he one of the ball boys or a practice squad player?
I'm just getting through this morning's Power Trip podcast when they say who that was.  If you haven't heard yet it was Rodney Adams (5th round pick that is now on the practice squad).
According to Vikings.com, it was Practice Squad player Cayleb Jones.  They had an interview of him today with Diggs asking him about the moment.  Apparently he lost Jarius Wright's hat (was holding it for him) running down the sidelines... LOL

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@CLOBIMON said:
@Tyr said:
According to Vikings.com, it was Practice Squad player Cayleb Jones.  They had an interview of him today with Diggs asking him about the moment.  Apparently he lost Jarius Wright's hat (was holding it for him) running down the sidelines... LOL
Lost it.  He threw it down to hug diggs.

I initially  thought the ball boy is hugging Diggs

Quote: @Tyr said:
I was wondering that too, b/c I thought they might throw a flag for being out of the "box" - and was hoping it was the ball boy.

Even on video that crowd noise is insane... my Lord these are amazing fans!