Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Keenum outplay Brees?
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
See, this is where the media invites false realities. We all know Keenum doesn't have to outplay Brees. He has to outplay the Saints defense. And Brees has to outplay ours.
I like our odds

I dont think he needs to be Dan Marino (point stands but his name was more for a laugh), but I dont know if ball control cuts it on Sunday.

We were down 6-3 against the Saints with 5 minutes to play in the half. We didnt win that game because of ball control. We got the ball with 5 to play, and scored 17 points over the next 3 drives. They couldnt catch up to that and we kept burrying them with points on top.

I think our defense can play even better in Sunday than Week 1. Keenum doesnt need 350+ yards and 3 TDs, but he needs to make plays when they are nessessary. He has to move the chains and get us scoring oppertunities, and ideally, we maintain a lead and force their offense to be one dimensional.

What would that 6-3 score, up to our explosion, looked like had Peterson never been a part of the game? Not saying they would have scored a bunch of points, I just wonder if they would have been able to better establish their rhythm... they'll show it on Sunday.

Damn im tired of thinking about this game, bring it on already!!!

... after thought. Carolina vs New Orleans: Carolina was dominating the time of possession early. Carolina spun their tired all over the field, but as fast as they'd turn the ball over, N.O would score and put up points. I think our defense is great, but Brees is pretty great himself. He finds ways to make a play. I wouldnt want him to even have a chance with the ball and an oppertunity to take a lead late in a game.

Brees is good but the one thing teams under estimate is the PURE SPEED of the Vikings D, especially our LBer corp.

No one ever talks about it but it gives the Vikes an edge vs mobile QBs who have gotten a little brave while buying time with their legs.  They think they have one more stride then Barr, Kendricks or Smith charges them and covers ground faster than they thought.  Brees hates getting hit a lot like Rodgers and much like Rodgers he still rolls out and thinks he can beat the defender to the punch.  Often they are right, but now and then they guess wrong.
Brees has his hands full.

I think for some of our guys the bye week will be a distraction,  but for our LBs and X I think it will really be a blessing,  they needed a bit of a recharge to carry them through to the end.  I expect Barr and Kendricks to be flying around this sunday taking away the RBs and that will seriously limit brees with X taking away thomas.

Quote: @BlackMagic7 said:

What would that 6-3 score, up to our explosion, looked like had Peterson never been a part of the game? Not saying they would have scored a bunch of points, I just wonder if they would have been able to better establish their rhythm... they'll show it on Sunday.
He really wasn't part of that game.  He got the first two carries on their first possession picked up 10 yards and the first down, 2 penalties on the Vikings defense would help them march down the field.  Second possession He gets the first carry then kamara and then Brees short pass on 3rd and 4 is incomplete.  Peterson would not get a carry until under 5 mins left in the 2nd quarter.  I understand what your saying as we are very familiar with how AP can handcuff an offense, but the Vikings defense was more responsible for disrupting that NO offense than Peterson taking away carries and rhythm of the NO offense.   The NO offense didn't score a TD until 4 mins left in the fourth quarter 

Steve Young needs to retire, he puts nothing into his work and it clearly shows.