Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Keenum outplay Brees?
Steve Young says that the Vikings QB will have to take risks and "be an artist" in order to beat Drew Brees and the Saints
http://www.espn.com/nfl/

I get it, kinda, but Case needs to beat N.O.'s defense. His mindset should be to score a TD every time we get the ball.  Score TDs, not FGs. Let the Vikings' defense deal with Brees. Case has enough on his plate.

Yes he can, but to play with the mentality that I have to out duel Bree's is a recipe for disaster.  He just has to play smart and take what the defense is giving him.  That will allow the Vikings defense fresh

The best way to lose in playoff games is to start trying too hard. U Start pressing and doing things different that you did all season and thats what kills inexperienced young teams.

Just do as you have been.  Do as you were taught.  Follow the game plan.

Just give a goal of 21 to 24 points. The defense will have your back.

Not sure he'll 'outplay' Brees, but he needs to make plays and get in the red zone. The D needs to make Brees uncomfortable with pressure up the middle. Brees loves to step up in the pocket, its where he's very dangerous. If Minnesota can score points early, I think they can really take it to the Saints.

I think Keenum has to go into this game with a fresh mind. He needs to go into this game with the mind set that 21 points wins you the game. You don't have to play like Brady, but you just have to let the defense have your back. You don't need to score 48, but you have to move the ball well enough to let the defense do its job and not feel like the pressure is all on them.

Keenum doesn't have to play against the Vikings defense.
New Orleans may have a good defense but they aren't Zimmer good.
I'll take Case against the Saints D over Drew against the Vikings D anytime.

Quote: @Hidalgo said:
Keenum doesn't have to play against the Vikings defense.
New Orleans may have a good defense but they aren't Zimmer good.
I'll take Case against the Saints D over Drew against the Vikings D anytime.
Hopefully that is the great equalizer on Sunday.

And Sticky was spot on with pressure and containment. Brees loves to step up and make plays. Linval and Johnson need to have really good games. Brees is as dangerous on the run as Rogers is so containment is key with all the front 4. 

He doesn't have to