Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fly by
Quote: @greediron said:
Who pissed in yer cheerios this morning.  As he said, they have to fly to keep training.  Imagine all the waste at an air show.  But it is cool as shit.

So good for you Kloosf.  I will wave at you thru the TV.  Enjoy the game.
He clearly made up his mind despite the completely reasonable explanation given. Lost cause.

Quote: @kloosf16 said:
@NodakViking said:
Gotcha, figured it would be either Hill or Luke.  Live in Phx now, did 20+ years as an ANG firefighter with f-16's in Fargo.

Congrats, hell of a superbowl weekend, now the Vikes just need to get in......
As a former F16 driver, thanks for keeping us safe!
Ditto, it was an honor and a good time.  I actually was able to get an 'incentive ride' in a F-16-what a dream!  I can say I broke the sound barrier(not sure we were supposed to but WTH, I think I'm in a pretty select club for that) some aerobatics and other great stuff.  Had to pull over on the way home and puke.....but worth it!   

I never had to deal with a major incident but lots or 'medium' stuff, many with some good stories.  

AWESOME!

It's proper training.  Flying over New Somalia.  

:devil:

Thats awesome!  I hope I see it.  Have fun at the game. 

Who pissed in yer cheerios this morning.  As he said, they have to fly to keep training.  Imagine all the waste at an air show.  But it is cool as shit.

Yeah, I'm sure they'll be practicing evasive maneuvers over the city...lol... If this was an actual air show where the PR actually had some value, I would understand it, but we're talking a basic :05 sec. fly over. Will the people in the dome be able to tell if it was an F-16  from a base near the cities, or a F-35 from 1500 miles away? Will they care? But hey, what's a 150 grand for a camera shot that nobody will remember 5 minutes later? Murica!!!  

Man you are doing what I as a young man really wanted to do. Fly F-16s or F-15s. But bad eyes shuttered those dreams.

Thank you for your service.

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
@greediron said:

Yeah, I'm sure they'll be practicing evasive maneuvers over the city...lol... If this was an actual air show where the PR actually had some value, I would understand it, but we're talking a basic :05 sec. fly over. Will the people in the dome be able to tell if it was an F-16  from a base near the cities, or a F-35 from 1500 miles away? Will they care? But hey, what's a 150 grand for a camera shot that nobody will remember 5 minutes later? Murica!!!  
There is a lot more that goes into a simple flight than you think and not just for the pilots, there is an entire support structure that gets practice/training with every mission/flight flown.  They don't just hop off the bar stool, jump in, fire it up, and fly by the big building downtown then land and park it so they can hop back on the bar stool.

As cool as those aircraft are, and as awesome as an experience as it must be for you, what a friggin waste of taxpayers money. The cost of flying those 2 from Utah and back with support, for a :07 second TV shot (over a dome no less) is well into 6 figures. This is right up there with the famed 700 dollar hammers in terms of government waste. Enjoy the game.
Why?  WTF is to be gained by making this point here?   Want to discuss perceived tax waste go start a separate thread.  To bring it up in this one, started by a Vikings fan sharing a cool personal experience, is just being an asshole.  

Will the people in the dome
US Bank Stadium is not a "dome."  I understand that many people simply call any stadium with a roof a dome, but it isn't accurate.  Sorry, but every time I hear them say it on NFL coverage it annoys me
more because it's become a derogatory word in the league.     

As cool as those aircraft are, and as awesome as an experience as it must be for you, what a friggin waste of taxpayers money. The cost of flying those 2 from Utah and back with support, for a :07 second TV shot (over a dome no less) is well into 6 figures. This is right up there with the famed 700 dollar hammers in terms of government waste. Enjoy the game.
Well now that is sensitive