Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How will you celebrate if the Vikings win it all?
I think I'll do what I did with the Red Sox (of which I was also a lifelong fan).  When the Sox were down 3-0 to the hated Yankees in the playoff to go to the Series I started watching.  I saw the Sox take 4 straight from the Bronx Bombers, several in extra inning walk off home runs by Manny and Big Papi to win their first series in many a year.  I thought of my Dad who lived his entire life hoping to see the Red Sox win "just ONE!" in his lifetime.  He died ten years before this "first" series win.  I always wished I could have given him that gift...to see it happen.

Then they took the Cardinals (I think) 4 straight in the Series.   The movie Fever Pitch (1997?) was made about this. 

I realized that no Red Sox win could EVER be better than this.  So I stopped watching them. Cold Turkey.   To this day I've never watched a baseball game again (except for going live to the Cape Cod League.)

If my beloved Vikes win, and win in their home stadium, and ESPECIALLY if they beat the Patriots (god I am so sick of hearing about them here in Mass.) then I'm likely done with football too.  I will miss the games, and the stress, but will never have to listen to a Patriots or Packer fan again call them losers, or Viqueens...well you all know the drill.

Like some above, I'm going to watch alone, with many adult beverages.  But, I am so /nervous/afraid/anxious/dreading losing a 5th, my stress level will be off the charts...but if we win, MY lifelong dream will be accomplished.

And I'll buy every f'ing "Vikings Super Bowl Champions!"   thing I can find and wear them out until they are threadbare. 

And be very happy.  

*when

Once the shock wears off, and that might take awhile, I'll probably just have a few more beers and savor it.  SKOL!!

With Rip or Nodak.  I may streak down the street or just get up and go to work the next day with my head held a little higher.

And will be like PG, watching at home, just me and my kids.  No one to bother me, no one but family to see me cry either way.  Will likely talk to my fellow longsuffering friends and family if we win. 

Quote: @prairieghost said:
If they make it to the SB I will be watching ALONE in my basement, lights out, me and my Samsung TV...I don't want to hear anybody else talking, making snide remarks, celebrating too much or too little, whining....NOTHING...I just want to be left alone in my dark place praying and having an anxiety attack...
IF THEY LOSE...I may not recover. I don't think I can go through all that again. It really depends on HOW they lose. I will say if they get to the big game and lose but get blown out I'll just be pissed like never before....but I MAY recover....really emphasize the may part...If they lose like 98, 09, or 15 I will NOT recover this time. I really don't think I can take any more of these fantastic and exotic last second losses when it counts most.
IF THEY WIN.............This is my lifelong dream too, and I will cry like a baby for a long damn time. Then when it really sinks in I will scream, jump up and down, run outside and scream some more, drop in the snow bank, kick my legs in the air,  and cuss out every single F'n Packers fan I know. I will be on cloud 9 for a long damned time. I won't know what to say or think during free agency or the draft. I won't know what to complain about anymore and that will be strange, as I don't know how to not complain about the Vikings!!! But I'll learn if it happens.
i already  told my kids  i will  cry when  we   win  if  not then   i will  cry also

Breathe - Been holding my breathe since mid-'70's

Cry- tears of joy

Celebrate - puchase everything denoting the Vike Championship

Enjoy football again (now it seems like work, until we hold a lombardi trophy)

I fly out to Vegas the next day....I'll either be partying my ass off or drowning away my sorrows. Honestly though, I've already told my wife we're not going anywhere for the game if it does happen.  I can't be around other people while I watch that.  It'll be me, my wife, my son, some good beers and a nice bottle of bourbon.

If they win....I don't even know what I'll feel (relief, joy, tears I assume).  Other than 98' and '09, I've never even entertained the thought that it was a possibility.  This year though is different....it feels so close and such a realistic possibility that you can practically touch it.  If they lose, it'll be devastating (and I was in the dome in '98).

Welcome to the roller coaster guys!

Have not thought about it,   maybe break down and get my first tattoo (of course Viking related).  Then again probably no to the tattoo.  Lets just wait and see if they make it first. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@Purplewhizz said:
@StickyBun said:
I have no idea for sure, but I'm still taking it a game at a time. I've day dreamed about them winning it all, of course, but haven't taken that last step on how I'd celebrate it. I'm guessing I'd be emotional, but I think I might actually be numb. It would be surreal for awhile initially.
I have a feeling it might actually be a little anti-climactic.  After all these years, we've put it up there so high that I'm not sure it could live up to it.  But I'd like to find out! 
Agreed, at least initially. Then, given a day or so, absorbing everything online there'll be to read and watch about the win, the gravity of it would hit me eventually. 
Good point.  Absorbing it in the following days, all the stories, the highlights, the breakdowns... 

I will not even think about this.  That's bad juju.