Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Everyone ok or is worry starting to creep in?
Yeah, I'll be worried like hell, and completely shocked if we lose this Sunday.  I do think the team looked flat, and just "off" last Sunday.  Way too many mistakes made by the same play makers that have been winning games for us.

Do I think we're going to the Super Bowl?  Sorry, I've been burned so many times by this team, I won't let it happen again.  I'll believe we're going to the Super Bowl only when I see it happen.

Worried, absolutely not. But it is very important to beat Cincinnati. The best way to forget a loss is to turn around the next week and put forth a solid winning performance. Winning three straight games on the road against teams above .500 shouldn't have become the expectation. If the team performs this weekend at home (they'll be excited to be in front of their fans) everyone will completely forget last weekend. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
I felt this was a super bowl roster in the summer of '16 and I still think it's a super bowl roster. I'd feel a lot more confident with Teddy under center, but regardless of who's QB, at this point, our success or failure is mostly just a matter of luck.,ie, getting and staying healthy, because there isn't a team in the NFL we can't beat. 
When all is set and done the NFL is 1/2 skill and 1/2 a war of attrition. 

Quote: @greediron said:
I am fine.  (but that is oddly normal for this Viking fan, always believe they are going to win).

But this is different.  The team made so many mistakes, penalties, drops and yet still fought to the end.  I am not worried about the team.

The NFL and their packer love on the other hand...
I am with Greed.  we fought hard and still could have won if we ha got the go ahead TD rather than a tie field goal.  i think the team is read to take it out on Cincy.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
I'm not worried at all.  We're going to beat Cincinnati.  There is something special about this team...  it's time to cast those old doubts away and quit expecting the worst.
Not to get all "self-help" on ya'll, but there is a school of thought that says if you want to achieve something you need merely want it, visualize it, believe sincerely it will happen, and it just might. The idea is that you put the goal into the universe and the universe realigns itself to make it happen. Now, I think this sort of thing is mostly bullshit (Kate Upton has yet to show up at my door), but I've often said that if you could bottle that thing which makes players "hot" you could make billions. Well maybe it's this? Maybe it's the idea that players on hot streaks (basketball shooters, batters, QBs, etc) have an easier time visualizing success (3-pointers, perfectly thrown deep outs, doubles down the line) because they've already experienced so much of it. And if this is true, then the converse must also be true. It might explain players who go through slumps. And so ya never know what the impact might be of millions of fans around the country simultaneously expecting the worst out of their favorite team. So knock it the hell off a'ready. :-)

Quote: @StickyBun said:
These are the current odds for teams getting into the playoffs. Why the hype from the media on Green Bay?

New England Patriots: 100 percent
Minnesota Vikings: 99.9 percent
Jacksonville Jaguars: 98.2 percent
New Orleans Saints: 93.6 percent
Los Angeles Rams: 89.1 percent
Carolina Panthers: 78.9 percent
Tennessee Titans: 76.3 percent
Los Angeles Chargers: 66.7 percent
Baltimore Ravens: 65.3 percent
Seattle Seahawks: 64.7 percent
Kansas City Chiefs: 61.2 percent
Atlanta Falcons: 47.7 percent
Buffalo Bills: 28.9 percent
Miami Dolphins: 22.2 percent
Dallas Cowboys: 9.8 percent
Detroit Lions: 8.7 percent
Green Bay Packers: 7.5 percent
Oakland Raiders: 1.1 percent
Arizona Cardinals: Less than one percent
Cincinnati Bengals: Less than one percent
New York Jets: Less than one percent
What happened to the Steelers? I thought they were the only team to clinch a spot. Maybe NE did, too.
As for the Vikings, I'm not worried. But I would be feeling better if we had won at Carolina. But so long as we take care of business against Cinci, I will be looking forward to ending GB's season next week. 

Im good---we will roll this weekend and the ride continues.  Sorry about Kate(she said she was exhausted)since she got out of here later than she planed.

Quote: @dadevike said:
@StickyBun said:
These are the current odds for teams getting into the playoffs. Why the hype from the media on Green Bay?

New England Patriots: 100 percent
Minnesota Vikings: 99.9 percent
Jacksonville Jaguars: 98.2 percent
New Orleans Saints: 93.6 percent
Los Angeles Rams: 89.1 percent
Carolina Panthers: 78.9 percent
Tennessee Titans: 76.3 percent
Los Angeles Chargers: 66.7 percent
Baltimore Ravens: 65.3 percent
Seattle Seahawks: 64.7 percent
Kansas City Chiefs: 61.2 percent
Atlanta Falcons: 47.7 percent
Buffalo Bills: 28.9 percent
Miami Dolphins: 22.2 percent
Dallas Cowboys: 9.8 percent
Detroit Lions: 8.7 percent
Green Bay Packers: 7.5 percent
Oakland Raiders: 1.1 percent
Arizona Cardinals: Less than one percent
Cincinnati Bengals: Less than one percent
New York Jets: Less than one percent
What happened to the Steelers? I thought they were the only team to clinch a spot. Maybe NE did, too.
As for the Vikings, I'm not worried. But I would be feeling better if we had won at Carolina. But so long as we take care of business against Cinci, I will be looking forward to ending GB's season next week. 

The Eagles and Steelers have already clinched a playoff spot, so there are no odds of it happening.  The Patriots haven't officially clinched, so there are odds.

After beating the Falcons in Atlanta, I was saying this team was a Superbowl quality team.  Then, I watched the Falcon - NO game last Thursday.  Hoo Boy, Atlanta really is not very good this year and that put the Viking victory into perspective.  I've come back down to earth.  

This is a good team, but probably a notch below the elite teams in the league.

Fuck no...I've got my bell bottoms on, pukka shell necklace, and mutton chop sideburns grown out...its the 70s all over again...feeling groovy... Beating 2 out of 3 playoff teams on the road has me harkening back to a different time...