Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Everyone ok or is worry starting to creep in?
Be honest. The team is currently the #2 seed in the NFC and winnable games in front of them, 2 at home. Still solid? How are you going to feel if, God forbid, they lose to Cincy at home? 

Not looking for fan bravado. Just wondering what your gut is telling you. I think personally, things are fine.....but I get that peeps might be privately a tad nervous. I can admit that there's a very small seed of concern down there for me, however. 

I am fine.  (but that is oddly normal for this Viking fan, always believe they are going to win).

But this is different.  The team made so many mistakes, penalties, drops and yet still fought to the end.  I am not worried about the team.

The NFL and their packer love on the other hand...

Andrew Krammer‏ @Andrew_Krammer 3m3 minutes ago
More
#Vikings now Vegas favorites to win the NFC (3-1) after the Carson Wentz injury, via @BovadaLV

If this makes me a bad fan so be it, but I ALWAYS worry...lol...I am confident and worry at the same time. I am conflicted. I watch with my eyes covered sometimes. I turn off the commentators because they piss me off. I cry when we lose in fantastic fashion. I cuss and yell and act like a mad woman when we win, ESPECIALLY against the Packers. I REFUSE to talk smack with fans of other teams because I'm afraid it will cause me to kick them in the junk. I have never forgotten 1998 or 2009 or 2015. I love this team and sometimes I hate them. I get a racing heart during each and every game, but relish those rare in-hand from the get-go games--the ones that make it so I don't have to go take some ibuprofen after they are over....I don't know why I care so much. But I do care. And sometimes, I don't care.
So, in summary, YES...I'm worried. I'm confident we have the talent to win the whole damn thing. But, like Greed, I find it hard to trust the NFL and its agenda.

I am 50/50.  

We are the best or we will blow it.   I go back and forth.  Depending on my mood.  

I was 75/25 towards we are the best a week ago. 

Feeling good in general about the team and winning out. My biggest concern is the O-line injuries piling up at during the final push to lock down a potential Home Field situation throughout the playoffs.

I'll worry if we lose to the Bengals.  You could see a loss coming (at least one) with the tough stretch we went through, and despite many setbacks the team kept fighting against Carolina.  At home, this team should handle the Bungles easily.  A loss, however, will (and should) send alarm bells ringing everywhere.

a loss to Cincy would be worrying, but I doubt that will take place.  If anything, I expect a similar game to the Tampa game, where we are clearly the dominate team.  I think we need a big win to help get everyone on track mentally for this long run.  

I believed that the loss at Carolina was the best possible loss we could have had.  it was a game on the road, versus a playoff team, with a tough defense, and we beat ourselves by very uncharastic play.  Drops, fumbles, sacks, bad officiating, rare bad defensive lapses.  It was a game that Carolina did it all it could, and we gave them a W.  I doubt one Panther fan would feel very confident about a rematch, particulary in Minnesota, which is a good thing, which is reality.  

A strong victory over Cincy would be a great start to a February run.  A loss, and it will be a dog fight until the end.

Vikings 30
Bengals 16

11-3, 2 more for 13-3, a bye, and at worst one home game at home. 

For me it's hard to worry...I realize things like this are out of my control.  I believe the Vikings and coaches can do what  they set out to do.  Also, I  believe the team is good enough to make really solid run through the playoffs.  I just feel they will win the division Sunday after a win against the Bengals.

@prairieghost summed it up very nicely... "we have the talent to win the whole damn thing, but hard to trust the NFL agenda".
That may very well be tin-foil hat territory, but it's hard to shake the past sucker punches without feeling like there was some human intervention...
In other words, the anxiety will always be there until they bring home the trophy.
At that point, we can begin to theorize how the NFL will somehow manage to take it away and stricken the season from the record books... LOL